Can't reboot after flashing GAPPS

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
so the last few days i've tried flashing AOKP test build 3 and CM10. after i flash the roms without GAPPS my nexus will reboot and everything will be fine. after i flash GAPPS 2012-07-17 and reboot it just reboots back to recovery. each time i'm wiping data, cache, and dalvik. i've also done a battery pull with no change. i even tried re-downloading GAPPS with no joy. i'm wondering if there may be some file on my SD card that's causing the problem, but that's just a guess. each time this happened i was able to wipe everything and restore back to bugless beast and everything is fine. this is really throwing a wrench in my flashing addiction. has anyone seen this before or know what's causing it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You have to flash the ROM and gapps in the same recovery session. Also which gapps pack are you using?

Flash should look like this:
1. Wipe data/factory reset
2. Wipe cache's / format system.
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash Gapps.
5. Reboot.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You have to flash the ROM and gapps in the same recovery session. Also which gapps pack are you using?

Flash should look like this:
1. Wipe data/factory reset
2. Wipe cache's / format system.
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash Gapps.
5. Reboot.

I tried flashing in the same recovery session also with no change, I can try again though. Its the GAPPS from july 17th. Weird.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried flashing in the same recovery session also with no change, I can try again though. Its the GAPPS from july 17th. Weird.

Maybe try redownloading them, or using a different pack. Kejar's 7/15 gapps have been working /great for me on everything I've flashed, and I believe xoomdev and kejar worked together on the recent 7/22 (?) pack that came out to ensure it had the updated gmail and other gapps.

Also out of curiosity what recovery are you using.. be specific, like when you are in recovery what version is showing on the top?

Reactions: zero neck

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Already tried redownloading but ill have to try getting a new GAPPS version. My recovery is CMR v6.0.0.1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Already tried redownloading but ill have to try getting a new GAPPS version. My recovery is CMR v6.0.0.1.

Btw thanks for the help, broseph

Welcome... and 6.0.0.1 was an earlier version of the 6xxx series for CWM.. I believe its already up to 6.0.1.0 which was fixing a LOT of early bugs.. so you should look into updating that.

Personally I recommend TWRP over CWM. You can download the Goomanager app from the market and it will flash it for you. Its bugless and fast.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
after updating the recovery i tried it again all is well. crisis averted. :D

i'm so happy to have CM10 with all it's customization goodness i just peed a little ;)

i'm thinking it's time to change to TWRP, i hear good things about it

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

i'm so happy to have CM10 with all it's customization goodness i just peed a little ;)

Good to hear! and yes I'd recommend TWRP, first flashed it months ago and never looked back.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I think twrp is awesome can que the zips to flash nicer ui than cwm small text and scrolling with the up down and power buttons, do twrp through the goo manager off play store its a snap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: chriscw81

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze