Cache cleaning

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Eh, no, not really.. If you're unlocked and have a custom recovery you can just wipe your caches if you want but you shouldn't need to. What's up that you think it will help?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cherneyf

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Eh, no, not really.. If you're unlocked and have a custom recovery you can just wipe your caches if you want but you shouldn't need to. What's up that you think it will help?

Good question, I had some thoughts on that myself as some roms out there will clear your cache overnight. Why? I don't know. Will it speed up your phone, maybe. Will it decrease battery life because of the constant re caching, maybe. Is it better just to leave the cache there in the first place, maybe. :confused:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Good question, I had some thoughts on that myself as some roms out there will clear your cache overnight. Why? I don't know. Will it speed up your phone, maybe. Will it decrease battery life because of the constant re caching, maybe. Is it better just to leave the cache there in the first place, maybe. :confused:

Idk.. Have never had an issue that I needed to worry about it for.. I never have issues really.. Either I'm lucky or I just know what I'm doing, you decide :)

cherneyf

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Well it's settled then. I'm done with worrying about cache. At least until I flash a new ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

polefighter

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Any good cache cleaning apps, or is it even worth messing with?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I use 1 Tap Cleaner Pro, it works great for me, plenty of options built in. It's optimized for Jelly Bean also. There are other cache cleaners that are good also.