New Nexus (insurance) move with nandroid?

Johmem#AC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got a shiny new Nexus from Asurion, and I'm wondering what the easiest way to move my ROM and everything else over to it. I'm fairly well versed in nandroid backups, TiBU, unlocking, rooting, etc. I'm currently running the latest AOKP JB ROM. Anybody care to make me a quick list outlining the quickest steps to get the new phone running?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Unlock it, reboot, put your backup file(s) on the sd, boot back to bootloader and flash recovery then boot into recovery, restore your backup. Should be alright :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear.:) Just need to copy over the entire /sdcard.

I don't recommend that, lol. Just your backups folder(s), gallery stuff, etc.

I mean my best recommendation would be to not restore the nandroid. Flash the ROM fresh and move your TitaniumBackup folder to the new sd card, then set up the ROM and use TiBu for restoring your apps and stuff. Check out my TiBu guide for the best advice on it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Johmem#AC

Johmem#AC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
heh, I guess I meant everything important. Restoring the nandroid worked just fine BTW.

I actually started with your recommendation, I unlocked, rooted, flashed rom/gapps, rebooted, flashed TiBu zip. But TiBu didn't recognize that it was the pro version, even after I restored the pro key, so I gave up and transfered my nandroid over and it went fine. Just thought somebody in the same situation might like to know.

Thanks for your help 2def