[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] Codename Android 3.0.0 [JB][07/31/2012]

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
The ROM works fine. Flash it if you like. I think it's closed because someone's feelings got hurt or something. It will probably show up again somewhere.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
To clarify, Codename, aka theBlackDroid, asked for his thread to be closed at Rootzwiki. He was not asked to leave or forced out to my knowledge. Its possible he was being asked to jump through some hoops given his behavior and past; however, he left of his own accord from what I gathered.

If anybody wants to know more about the past or history of TheBlackDroid, you will need to research it yourself. I won't say more. It can be easily found on the web.

I will leave it up to all of you to make your own assessments of the situation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
CM is arguable thEE Mother Of All Roms, the Zohan, tHe GodFAther, His Magesty, well, you get what I'm saying. Don't kang thier sh&t and say it's yours and then step on the them at the same time.

Nah he didn;t do anything wrng to deserve his exhile

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
No, I believe he requested the thread to be closed.

My question is why? It seemed like people were willing to give him a second chance and 3.1 runs amazingly stable with lots of features he gave credit for where due.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My question is why? It seemed like people were willing to give him a second chance and 3.1 runs amazingly stable with lots of features he gave credit for where due.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

The only reason I can think of is CM being so massive that no one wants to tick them off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

imnotajedi

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Like said above he requested it be removed based on the past. He wanted to keep his ROM of that site for now.(read his twitter account). Anyways you can get it from his site codenameandroid.com but there based on his twitter account the servers are being upgraded or something. The site seems to be down as of the last few minutes. Last night he just posted 3.2.0 (already flashed it).

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Like said above he requested it be removed based on the past. He wanted to keep his ROM of that site for now.(read his twitter account). Anyways you can get it from his site codenameandroid.com but there based on his twitter account the servers are being upgraded or something. The site seems to be down as of the last few minutes. Last night he just posted 3.2.0 (already flashed it).

No doubt; I was just responding to Rootz' general attitude towards him, as well as changing his handle from CNA to blackdroid.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Sweet! I will update this post later and flash later today! For now, heading to Silopanna Music Festival to get my music on.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's pretty jacked up they did that...I avoid that website anymore for the most part, too many know it all bad attitudes there...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any reason why he'd change his own name, although I could not get anyone to confirm it. Still, kinda terrible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Rootz did, or at least it was. Went from Codenameandroid to "theblackdroid."

Noticed that too, and if it was Rootz Administration that changed it, I don't like nor respect that type of behavior. It's one thing for an individual Dev to display questionable behavior (any Dev) but quite another for Administrators of a site to display questionable behavior. They need to be above reproach. But, I want to go on record stating that I'm making an assumption here. I have no idea if Rootz changed the username of if CNA did. Either way, hate seeing stuff like this in our community. :(

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
So I just rooted and loaded this ROM today. Loving it besides not being able to add more home screens and getting rid of the stupid search bar. One thing I notice is that it seems to take a lot longer to charge my phone than it did when I was stock. Is this a normal thing when using a custom ROM. First time ever rooting and loading a ROM.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
So I just rooted and loaded this ROM today. Loving it besides not being able to add more home screens and getting rid of the stupid search bar. One thing I notice is that it seems to take a lot longer to charge my phone than it did when I was stock. Is this a normal thing when using a custom ROM. First time ever rooting and loading a ROM.

I think the slow charge is a JB thing. JB can also cause a rather slow boot time in comparison to ICS. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're talking hours and hours. If that's the case, I'd say you have a battery issue, but if we're talking an hour difference or so, don't worry about it.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, nothing major like hours and hours. Maybe an hour difference like you said. As long has that's how it is supposed to I'm fine with it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463