Noob kernal ??

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
ok im kinda new to to rooting and everything but i think i have flashing roms and how to flash a kernal down pretty much, but i flashed on CM 10 euroskank jellybro 804 but i was reading that for better battery life i should DL the trinity kernal but idk which one to flash because idk what ghz why cpu is and im just confused on how to find out prob a dumb question but im just lost there any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
ok im kinda new to to rooting and everything but i think i have flashing roms and how to flash a kernal down pretty much, but i flashed on CM 10 euroskank jellybro 804 but i was reading that for better battery life i should DL the trinity kernal but idk which one to flash because idk what ghz why cpu is and im just confused on how to find out prob a dumb question but im just lost there any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Once you hear the explanation its going to turn a light on lol. If you are new to kernels, I would only recommend flashing the stable versions for now. But here is what they mean.

This is what a standard trinity kernel filename looks like:
TNP1420-307-JB-STABLE35

Okay, the TNP is just the name and will appear on all builds.

1420 is max clock of the CPU it will allow. All Trinity kernels will allow you to run 301-684-1034-1134 (or something close to those numbers not 100% sure off the top of my head but the standard slots for most kernels) and then the final speed which is the the number on the file name. Stock clock for the nexus is 1200 but trinity has overclocks of 1344, 1420 and 1536. This will be the final slot you can run your CPU at (overclocked obviously). However, if you pick lets say the 1420 kernel, you won't get the 1344 slot. It will go right from 1134 to 1420.

The 307 means the GPU clock speed. 307, 384 and 537 are the clock speeds that you can pick. These are not changeable with the use of a program. So select one that you want. 384 is usually the standard go to clock for more kernels out there (franco mainly). I find no need to run 537 but thats user choice really.

Some phones can run different speed kernels than others... I can't run 1536. My phone will freeze and reboot but other have had no issues running 1536. I would say start with the 1344-384 kernel and see how you like it. If you like it, try to flash a different one if you want a higher clock speed. If you experience issues with a higher clock speed kernel, flash the old one back. Remember though, whenever you flash a new kernel if you are using an app like SetCPU or Trinity Toolbox you have to uncheck set on boot for you old settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12