Phone wont charge and USB is dead

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been having issues with the phone always saying it is charging and now it has decided it won't charge at all. I have tried multiple AC adaptors and multiple USB cables. I cant get the phone to pull up on the PC either as it says there was an error with the device.

I am currenly unlocked running JB. Is there a way lock and go back to stock without USB support? Can you send back a Nexus that is unlocked and rom'ed? I would normally never do this but I am not sure I have a choice as I can't use ADB or anything else. Phone is working otherwise.

Thanks

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Well you could certainly recharge the battery via an external charger. But then, what can you do? Is it possible to unroot and unlock by using the phone itself? Can you download the files necessary and put them into place and reload?

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I can get files to the phone via WiFi file explorer and I have 2 batteries with an external charger. I can get by but my USB port is jacked at this point. Everything I have read seems to need adb access.

I am going to try and reload the drivers but the jack was acting flaky before as well. I was trying to make sure it was hardware relayed before I called but now I am kind of stuck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
It took some work but I was able to re-install the drivers(again) and got the phone to be seen in ADB. I am now locked and un-rooted. I am sad but happy. Charging is still messedup. When I use the usb, I have to pull the battery to get it to recognize that the USB is no longer connected.