Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default STUCK AT GOOGLE BOOT SCREEN, Please help me

OK, so here is what happend, i unlocked bootloader and flashed clockwork mod and installed it, the vid i watched said this would root the phone so i did it but it did not work, the phone worked fine until i rebooted it and now it is just stuck
    Dag, yo!

ROM
    AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco

Default Re: STUCK AT GOOGLE BOOT SCREEN, Please help me

Have a link to the video you watched? Can you boot into the bootloader (press volume up+down+power)?

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by AppleBonker View Post
    Have a link to the video you watched? Can you boot into the bootloader (press volume up+down+power)?
    Then press the volume up to down key until it says recovery then press power to select
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

it was a youtube video, yes i can get into fastboot, but i can not get into recovery mode. there is an android dude with a red triangle above his chest
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i cant find the video but it was a tutorial on how to unlock and root the gnex. qbking something or another was his name
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Basically, i think i deleted the OS and i never mad a backup, so i guess i need to go from there but ive been trying different things all day to no avail, im ready to throw it away but i know it can be fixed, i just dont know how to do it
    Dag, yo!

ROM
    AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco

Were you ever able to get into CWM? Sounds like something went wrong with that download/flash.

Global Posts
    648 Global Posts

I'm not sure how you were rooting, but I would suggest wug's kit. With his kit you can go back to stock OS and start over.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I had the same thing happen to me would not let me go to recovery mode had the red triangle I just reloaded the stock image and it booted up fine then went back and rooted it worked fine the second time
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

is there a tutorial that i can follow to do this? im ready to pay someone to do it for me ive been at it all day with no luck
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I got back into a temporary CWM and i know what i did now, i formated /system. is there any way to fix this? all the help i can get would be great, i think im on the right path, but im just not sure
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by wildchild420187 View Post
    I got back into a temporary CWM and i know what i did now, i formated /system. is there any way to fix this? all the help i can get would be great, i think im on the right path, but im just not sure
    If you formatted system after flashing a rom you deleted the rom lol.

Format system before you flash the rom, then flash the rom. Do you still have the rom and such on the sdcard? Do a clean wipe and go from there.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

lol NO, i have nothing on the SD card.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

lol NO, i have nothing on the SD card.
    lol are you on a Windows computer? Time to restore to stock with Wug's Toolkit, if you do.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

it was stock other then the fact that i had obviously unlocked bootloader, here is a link to the video that i originally watched it was working after this vid, but i was not rooted and i read something else that said delete /system so i did in and ive done a clean wipe of everything since the phone bricked.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    lol are you on a Windows computer? Time to restore to stock with Wug's Toolkit, if you do.
    i am on windows comp and i do have wugs installed although im either doing it wrong or its not working
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

You need to install the drivers manually. Do that.

Also, don't use YouTube videos. Use our guides, that way we know exactly what you did and how you can fix it. Trust me, we know what we're doing .
    zero neck likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

You need to install the drivers manually. Do that.

Also, don't use YouTube videos. Use our guides, that way we know exactly what you did and how you can fix it. Trust me, we know what we're doing .
    what drivers lol you have to talk to me like im 2 ROFL
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

what drivers lol you have to talk to me like im 2 ROFL
    Nah, no real time at the moment, headed to bed and walking you through over the Nexus 7 would be a pain lol.

Open up Wug's Toolkit. It should driver setup thing--look around in the app. Click it, do it manually. It has everything there for you.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Nah, no real time at the moment, headed to bed and walking you through over the Nexus 7 would be a pain lol.

Open up Wug's Toolkit. It should driver setup thing--look around in the app. Click it, do it manually. It has everything there for you.
    does wugs already have the stock recovery file? do i have to download it some place? im gonna start with the drivers, i think i tried that earlier and got frustrated lol time to have a cig and try it again lol
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

does wugs already have the stock recovery file? do i have to download it some place? im gonna start with the drivers, i think i tried that earlier and got frustrated lol time to have a cig and try it again lol
    Go to the Wug's thread here. Read the first post. Then go to his website. You'll want to return it to stock. It'll handle everything--just install the drivers and let it take you from here.
    Dag, yo!

ROM
    AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco

Go through the manual mode on Wug's. It's fairly straightforward. Make sure you are connected via the stock USB cable to a port on the rear of your PC (I have seen it make a difference).

Go through the manual mode on Wug's. It's fairly straightforward. Make sure you are connected via the stock USB cable to a port on the rear of your PC (I have seen it make a difference).
    +1 to using the rear USB port, it wouldn't work on my PC until I switched it. Just follow the manual driver set up, it's pretty self-explanatory. It will be OK!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

i am on a laptop... i am on step 3 where you have to configure it as an adb device, right now it says mtp or something and i cant find nothing that says adb
    Dag, yo!

ROM
    AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco

Does it show up under the "other devices" section? Did you delete all of the drivers before you started (step 1)?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast