How do I optimize benchmark speed?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Franco Kernel and my ROM is Jellybro 4.1.1 and I've got it juiced up to 1520mhz. I've seen people achieve benchmark scores thousands of points higher on Antutu and Quadrant Standard (among others) than I can get. I'm guessing there is techie crap like messing with voltage, governor, etc that I have to do, but if someone has a GNex and their benchmark scores are unparalleled, I'd be curious to know how you modified your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
There are certainly a handful of things to do, and you've listed some of them (governor, overclocking, etc.). I'm not sure what combination will get you the highest of the high results, but an aggressive kernel with overclocking is likely a good way to start. Granted, getting too crazy can also result in instability, so move forward with caution.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
There are certainly a handful of things to do, and you've listed some of them (governor, overclocking, etc.). I'm not sure what combination will get you the highest of the high results, but an aggressive kernel with overclocking is likely a good way to start. Granted, getting to crazy can also result in instability, so move forward with caution.

This. If you are dead set on it then just be cautious.. and keep in mind benchmark scores are pretty much meaningless. If your phone is running good and smooth then you don't need a benchmark score to tell you that. It's been proven time and time again that they don't mean much at all. Some ROMs can be tweaked to provide higher scores while feeling laggy and jittery, and vice versa.

I've been a crackflasher/tweaker for around a year now and have NEVER even installed a benchmarking app on my phone. I don't see the point or need at all. :)

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I guess what I'm looking for are specific things people can share. I don't like the "trial and error" method simply because an error could be very costly.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I guess what I'm looking for are specific things people can share. I don't like the "trial and error" method simply because an error could be very costly.

If you want them MAD scores DO THIS>

Flash Francos Latest nightly 500GPU Kernel !

Set GOv to--------> PERFORMANCE

IN FRancos APp settings -----> TURN THERMAL THROTTLE OFF

UNCHECK! Fsync()
2012-08-26%2012.03.39.png

OVERCLOCK to Highest U can Go on CPU without Crashn... (Just GO FOR IT ANd Go All THE WAY UP)

(If your phone crashes in the middle of benchmarking your CPU might be set to high, crank it down a bit and try again after cooling off your phone).

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!-------------> SLap that baby in the fridge (Not The freezer but if you do let me know if your phone survived..LOL) :p for 5 minutes for OPTIMUM cooling

NOW BenchmarK that BAby and WIN>

2012-08-26%2012.06.46.png

TAke A screenSHot to savor the MOMENT and PUT EVERYTHING BACK to where it was if you want a stable phone.

:cool:

Reactions: Murph5150

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Great part about Android is you can be curious about something and then go figure out how to do it. I've done similar things with franco's kernel that are mentioned above.

That's cool and all but as others have said high benchmarks != high performing phone. It's a little counter intuitive I know but a phone's "feel" can't really be quantified even if we want a clear cut number that says one thing is faster/better than another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12