major screw up. need help asap

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually wiped the ROM on my friends galaxy nexus after unlocking and rooting it. I have no Nandroid backup to restore... All I have is TWRP recovery and no way to boot the phone up... It stays at the google screen... which I would now expect since there is no OS on the phone. MAJOR mess up. My drivers say they are working properly and the phone is recognized in the device manager as a samsung phone, but the galaxy nexus isn't showing up in windows explorer... I have a rom and some gapps I could apply but I can't think of any way to move them over to the phone to install them through TWRP...=(

Am I screwed? Do I owe them a new phone?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I actually wiped the ROM on my friends galaxy nexus after unlocking and rooting it. I have no Nandroid backup to restore... All I have is TWRP recovery and no way to boot the phone up... It stays at the google screen... which I would now expect since there is no OS on the phone. MAJOR mess up. My drivers say they are working properly and the phone is recognized in the device manager as a samsung phone, but the galaxy nexus isn't showing up in windows explorer... I have a rom and some gapps I could apply but I can't think of any way to move them over to the phone to install them through TWRP...=(

use wogs tool kit to return to stock using the stock images and then re root

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Akuma

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Relax.. you're fine, its a Nexus :)

Like was suggested you may use Wug's toolkit to restore stock. You can also boot to the bootloader and fastboot the factory images. And additionally, if you know how to use adb a bit you can probably just push the ROM and gapps you want to flash to the device while in TWRP recovery, using simple adb commands:
Code:
adb push nameofzip.zip /sdcard/

See what sounds best for you... in any case don't panic, this is easily fixable :)

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I am on the path to fixing it now 2defmouze, and I screenshotted that command you just posted and put it up in my google drive. Do you guys really have any idea how helpful you really are?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am on the path to fixing it now 2defmouze, and I screenshotted that command you just posted and put it up in my google drive. Do you guys really have any idea how helpful you really are?

Lol its what we do :)

Remember a Nexus is just about impossible to brick. If you can boot into at least the bootloader then you are always a few fastboot commands from restoring the factory images and booting up normally... and if you don't know how to do it just check the stickies or ask around here and we'll always be around to make sure you get it done :)

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I always feel confident going about anything like this. However when you run into a wall it is so nice to have a community of people that make it their business to get you back in business. You guys truly are life savers.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I always feel confident going about anything like this. However when you run into a wall it is so nice to have a community of people that make it their business to get you back in business. You guys truly are life savers.

+1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza