Group Text Messaging for JB - ACHIEVED!

rnauth1418

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am a bit confused as to what is going on in this thread. Does jellybean natively offer support for group messaging through use of mms? Or is this thread on flashing a 3rd party rom onto a phone to allow for group messaging?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

thebeen

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe what the last two posts are talking about is the group mms texting will be natively supported by jellybean version 4.2 or higher. That's awesome news. can't wait till euroskank's CM10 is 4.2,

-thebeen

I am a bit confused as to what is going on in this thread. Does jellybean natively offer support for group messaging through use of mms? Or is this thread on flashing a 3rd party rom onto a phone to allow for group messaging?

tdsweetwheels

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am glad the OP did the work and got this done, but I am not excited. The fix is wonderful and i truly appreciate the efforts, but we all know how these updates get rolled out. Other than the Nexus 4, Jelly Bean 4.2 (which will have this fix apparently) will not come to all of our devices for months (if ever) as they prefer we buy new devices instead of allowing us to update our current ones. And by "they" i mean carriers and developers.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I am glad the OP did the work and got this done, but I am not excited. The fix is wonderful and i truly appreciate the efforts, but we all know how these updates get rolled out. Other than the Nexus 4, Jelly Bean 4.2 (which will have this fix apparently) will not come to all of our devices for months (if ever) as they prefer we buy new devices instead of allowing us to update our current ones. And by "they" i mean carriers and developers.
Um, that's why most of the users in this part of the forum are here because we don't wait for VZW and run ROMs that include features like this. So my device already has it. It's been updated. LOL

Last edited:

tdsweetwheels

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to get this on my Xperia TL? This phone is glorious other than missing mass reply all text in one thread. Please let me know. Also, if it is possible to get this on my phone can someone give me a step by step process on actually installing this on my phone as I am ignorant on all of this, hence me coming to this forum to read up on the good work you folks are doing. Just type it out as if your talking to Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder. Much obliged. I left Windows and Apple to join the Android team, and this mass text issue is my only problem with android, as windows phones, and iphones both supplied this capability stock.

claw1219

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So, for those of us with perfectly good phones stuck on 2.2....any hope we might see this change in our stock apps? Go sms seems to be able to pull it off, but I much prefer the stock app.

t4duzan

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So, I've found a couple of 4.2 ROMs for my HTC Inspire 4G, but they don't have the group messaging option under Settings. Any reason why? Is it kernal related because I'm beginning to wonder if it's an actual 4.2 option now?

Daniel Natic

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am using the stock Rom on the EVO 4g LTE. If you click a text message, there is a reply all button. It creates a new message thread in the Messaging app. I haven't tried it yet.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Are you looking at the settings under the messaging app? The option should be under MMS settings.

If it's not there, I would check with the developer. If it came from AOSP source, should have it.

t4duzan

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you looking at the settings under the messaging app? The option should be under MMS settings.

If it's not there, I would check with the developer. If it came from AOSP source, should have it.
That's where I was checking. After a couple of version later on the ROM, I found it. I'm sure I was overlooking it. It's great though. If we could just get Emoji's built in, it'd be the perfect app.

rnauth1418

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The update for the art -gs3 just got released and it's for 4.1. Seriously messed up. Does anyone know if they are going to push 4.2?