Problems after upgrading to Vicious JB 4.1.1

JustinTiburon#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I recently flashed the new jellybean to play around with it, and ever since I have done that, my bluetooth no longer works on my headset (yes I paired it), I can hear, but people can't hear me. I play music a lot while I work, I am constantly moving around and it always shuts off because when I kneel down or stand up my bluetooth acts like it lost the signal. Constantly skips because for some reason it can't keep a good signal less than 2 feet away from the phone, I used to be able to go 30 feet easy from the phone and still would be fine. Any help or do I switch back and just stay completly stock? :) Thanks.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Try a new rom? Haven't used a Vicious rom in months so I'm unsure if that's just how it's built or if that's a bug.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I recently flashed the new jellybean to play around with it, and ever since I have done that, my bluetooth no longer works on my headset (yes I paired it), I can hear, but people can't hear me. I play music a lot while I work, I am constantly moving around and it always shuts off because when I kneel down or stand up my bluetooth acts like it lost the signal. Constantly skips because for some reason it can't keep a good signal less than 2 feet away from the phone, I used to be able to go 30 feet easy from the phone and still would be fine. Any help or do I switch back and just stay completly stock? :) Thanks.

When I ran some of the very early builds of Vicious there were some bluetooth problems as well. I have a feeling that this is a ROM problem for you like Dmmarck said. I would recommend you flash a different ROM as well.

JustinTiburon#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I went completly back to stock and relocked the device. I like the idea of it, but after all is said and done, I eventually switch back and just tired of having to redownload everything heh. I'll wait for the official ota update. :) but thanks for the heads up!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I went completly back to stock and relocked the device. I like the idea of it, but after all is said and done, I eventually switch back and just tired of having to redownload everything heh. I'll wait for the official ota update. :) but thanks for the heads up!

You could avoid the trouble by switching to a stable ROM. Vicious was one of the ported ROMs and truthfully, I've never trusted those devs very much. When every changelog includes a bunch of fixes for things that shouldn't be broken and "speed tweaks" that aren't necessary, they are often breaking more than they are fixing. Switch to a solid AOSP-based ROM like Bugless Beast, CM10, AOKP, or others available. Use your judgement and ask for our advice before picking a ROM, we generally have a good idea of what you can rely on :)

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You could avoid the trouble by switching to a stable ROM. Vicious was one of the ported ROMs and truthfully, I've never trusted those devs very much. When every changelog includes a bunch of fixes for things that shouldn't be broken and "speed tweaks" that aren't necessary, they are often breaking more than they are fixing. Switch to a solid AOSP-based ROM like Bugless Beast, CM10, AOKP, or others available. Use your judgement and ask for our advice before picking a ROM, we generally have a good idea of what you can rely on :)

Agree with all of this, if you want to flash something extremely stable and know that it will work properly, go with Bugless Beast. Also, now that CM10 has "monthly" builds out those should be more solid as well even though on the Nexus CM10 has been pretty solid all together.

Nexusfan

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

I am experiencing the same problem with Vicious 4.1.1-v5. Will follow suggestion to try Bugless

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Agree with all of this, if you want to flash something extremely stable and know that it will work properly, go with Bugless Beast. Also, now that CM10 has "monthly" builds out those should be more solid as well even though on the Nexus CM10 has been pretty solid all together.

I just loaded the CM10 M2 ROM. So far running pretty smooth. Phone says I'm now running JB 4.1.2 with this ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums