Help Request - Stuck on Google Boot Screen

ohcalcutta

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi - I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place.

I'm new to rooting and attempting to flash to the offical Jellybean rom. I was able to successfully unlock the bootloader and root. I created a backup through CWM. I had the Jellybean rom working, but realized that I forgot to wipe the data and cache before I installed it. Then I went back into CWM recovery and attempted to restore my backup. After restoring, I tried to reboot the phone and it will not boot past the Google logo.

I'm at a loss here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How long are you letting it sit? It's not uncommon for it to sit at the Google screen for 3-5 minutes on the first reboot. Much longer than that and I'd do a battery pull, and but be patient with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ohcalcutta

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for replying - It was sitting for over 10 minutes and I pulled the battery. I went back to stock and started again from the beginning and I'm installing Jellybean again now.

Any tips for restoring a backup where I might've gone wrong?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This is a notorious "issue" with Jelly Bean ROMs. Let it sit there and let it go, if it takes longer than 10-15 minutes you might have had a bad download. Also, if this is your first JB ROM, go to this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...w-galaxy-nexus-radios-installation-guide.html, download and flash the JellyBean bootloader. Once you do that, download the ROM you want, check the MD5 and flash. Let it sit, it may take a while on the Google screen but let it go.

ohcalcutta

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. I actually got the Jelly Bean rom on there successfully by restarting from stock. I'm just worried to restore a backup again now (in the event that I need to) because the phone was stuck on the Google boot screen after I attempted to restore my backup.

Last edited: