how do i lock bootloader with out a computer

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
my verizon galaxy nexus's charging port isnt working right so i cant plug it back up to a computer to lock the bootloader so i can take it back to verizon. is there a way to lock the bootloader with out a computer?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No can do

Best thing is to borrow a friends computer for a few minutes so you can install the drivers and boot into your bootloader and lock it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
No can do

Best thing is to borrow a friends computer for a few minutes so you can install the drivers and boot into your bootloader and lock it.

I think you might have misread the op. I think he is saying the charging/data port on his phone is not working, so he cant connect to a computer.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
No can do

When I plug my phone up to any computer it says USB device not recognized. So I'm guessing its my port on my phone

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes my mistake. I would still give another computer a try or reinstall the drivers on your current computer and see if that does anything.

Try a different USB cable, ports.

If all above fails then you might in fact be out of luck because you can only lock the boot loader and restore to factory stock by using your device while connected to a computer via USB port.

Oh last thing... does your phone charge while connected? Either via computer or wall adapter and cable?

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes my mistake. I would still give another computer a try or reinstall the drivers on your current computer and see if that does anything.

Try a different USB cable, ports.

If all above fails then you might in fact be out of luck because you can only lock the boot loader and restore to factory stock by using your device while connected to a computer via USB port.

Oh last thing... does your phone charge while connected? Either via computer or wall adapter and cable?

I tried my laptop and my desktop and both say the same thing. Yes it charges and when I plug up my friends nexus that works just fine. I did a factory reset also and that did nothing. I got a jelly bean ROM on the phone. Could it possibly be that?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Jelly bean ROM... heck at this point I'd try anything. Download an ICS based ROM and flash that and see if something changes.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks that looks great but before I root I need to get back to stock Verizon nexus 4.0.4 now I've searched Google and found I guess the update to that if your on an older version of ICS but I need the full image and all the ones I find are only about 40mb. Anyone know where I can download the full factory image?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My apologies to the OP.. I didn't even realize that someone had come up with a means to do so on the device using Terminal Emulator. I always wondered about that possibility but never knew of anyone coming up with a method to do so...

Learn something new every day :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks that looks great but before I root I need to get back to stock Verizon nexus 4.0.4 now I've searched Google and found I guess the update to that if your on an older version of ICS but I need the full image and all the ones I find are only about 40mb. Anyone know where I can download the full factory image?

Did you check my Return to Stock/Factory Images thread? The 4.0.4 image is in there.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
If your phone charges and you get a device not recognized error it sounds like a driver problem. With the phone plugged in go into device manager and look for something with a ! Beside it that looks like it could be a driver for your phone. Don't remember what the name is as its been awhile since I've done this. After that you should be able to Odin back to stock and lock the boot loader.

Sent from a Nexus Galaxy far away...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs