Flashing new roms

ayooo0

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I already flashed cm10 and erased everything.. Do I need to delete all the cache and stuff when flagging another Rom? For example I'm on cm now and want to get miui

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I already flashed cm10 and erased everything.. Do I need to delete all the cache and stuff when flagging another Rom? For example I'm on cm now and want to get miui

Yes. In my Don't Panic guide I have a section on dirty flashing v. clean flashing. Read that, it explains why and what to do :).

montanarayson

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to flash roms without rooting your phone my nexus is unlocked I've got the file but how do I save it to my SD card so that I can update my rom in boot loader recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to flash roms without rooting your phone my nexus is unlocked I've got the file but how do I save it to my SD card so that I can update my rom in boot loader recovery?

I don't root my phone. It's unnecessary. The rom will be rooted though.

Use internal storage transfer on Windows. That's your sdcard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

montanarayson

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
So I have to be in a computer? Is there a way to do it with a file manager app? I don't have a computer

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So I have to be in a computer? Is there a way to do it with a file manager app? I don't have a computer

You could download directly to your phone as well, but I transfer them from my computer. I really suggest reading our guides before continuing. Do that and post any remaining questions :).

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I agree, you should read the guides first. It's not hard once you get the hang of it. I download everything directly to my phone. then boot into recovery and flash away. The zips will be stored in your "downloads" folder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non