Have CWM Recovery and OTA is Failing. Want To Receive OTA Without Losing My Pics/Data

Quinoasmith

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Last time we had an OTA, I used Wug's to reroot and it wiped my pictures and data off my phone. Won't make that mistake again.

I have CWM recovery. I want to receive the OTA but it is failing. How do I receive the OTA without losing my pictures and data?

I am sure this answer is here somewhere, but I have looked and am not sure which method will preserve my pictures and data. If someone can just point me to the right thread, that would be great. Thanks.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It won't install if you have a custom recovery. Using Wugs, just click the option to flash the stock recovery. Assuming everything else on your phone is stock, the OTA should install fine. You'll probably do good to install OTA Rootkeeper from the Play Store before taking the OTA, as that should save root for you.

Quinoasmith

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
IUsing Wugs, just click the option to flash the stock recovery.
I am pretty sure this is what I did before and using Wugs, that wipes your phone. You don't even get a warning that is going to happen and poof! all of your pictures and data are gone.

Is there a way to do it without using Wugs? After my last experience, I want to stay away from Wugs. There should have at least been a warning that my phone was going to be wiped and there wasn't.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Last time we had an OTA, I used Wug's to reroot and it wiped my pictures and data off my phone. Won't make that mistake again.

I have CWM recovery. I want to receive the OTA but it is failing. How do I receive the OTA without losing my pictures and data?

I am sure this answer is here somewhere, but I have looked and am not sure which method will preserve my pictures and data. If someone can just point me to the right thread, that would be great. Thanks.

Why don't you flash it? Won't lose a thing.