Re-root after JB OTA/manual flash
So my OTA wasn't coming after 24 hours so I used this guide following the "manual installation of the OTA" instructions. [OTA][9/21] Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex
If I wanted root I'd just flash the package laid out in post 2 on the above guide in recovery. I didn't however have the new CWM when I flashed JB and my recovery got overwritten. Restarted recovery manually, got the android with the triangle and exclamation point. Just reflash it in Rom Manager right? Nope. "An error occurred while attempting to run a privileged command" Ouch. Searched the forums. Root it using WUG's toolkit like last time right? Nope, not updated yet. Gotta flash through fastboot, old school like on the old Nexus One.
I could just be like some other posters on here and just let you figure it out, but I'll show you what I did.
Download the JB Superuser zip from the above post:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61778374/JB-SuperSU.zip from the above post.
and the CWM for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus:
*If you haven't installed the SDK and be able to use the adb command follow these instructions*
Now follow the instructions here at "Obtaining Root Access and Custom Recovery"
Make sure that you use the new file names, not just copy and pasting the ones in the guide.
That's it! Happy flashing
- 09-24-2012, 07:23 PM #2
Re: Re-root after JB OTA/manual flash
Secondly, ironic that you posted this; I just put an update in one of the guides because of users having the same issue. It can be found here:
- 09-24-2012, 07:28 PM #3
- 09-24-2012, 07:50 PM #5
- By reyxlp in forum RAZR Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 05-09-2012, 05:12 PM
- By Kyle Gibb in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 12-02-2010, 05:11 PM
- By Sir_N in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 6Last Post: 09-01-2010, 08:49 PM
- By caveman663 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 10Last Post: 07-03-2010, 02:55 PM
- By chevyflames in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 24Last Post: 06-20-2010, 02:05 PM