Bricked my galaxy nexus!

bbond

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the latter part, that successful thing is perfectly fine and normal. Did you try a battery pull upon reboot? Wouldn't hurt to lock it then unlock it too before you start.

Yes, I've pulled the battery and rebooted a bunch. I've also locked and unlocked a few times hoping it would wipe everything. Still no luck. I'm running the galaxy nexus toolkit mentioned by gb525 now to see if I have any luck.

Ok, while typing out the message, I'm back in the OS! I used the GALAXY NEXUS TOOLKIT V9.1.0 to download and flash Android 4.0.4. I have no idea what was different doing it this way, but it's running.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've pulled the battery and rebooted a bunch. I've also locked and unlocked a few times hoping it would wipe everything. Still no luck. I'm running the galaxy nexus toolkit mentioned by gb525 now to see if I have any luck.

Ok, while typing out the message, I'm back in the OS! I used the GALAXY NEXUS TOOLKIT V9.1.0 to download and flash Android 4.0.4. I have no idea what was different doing it this way, but it's running.

Hmmm. Funky.

gb525

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
let me know if you can get root back and how you did it.... I've tired and just can't

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gb525

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
tried that last night it didn't work... going to try Su.zip when i get home

bbond

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm not out of the woods yet. For some reason I can load stock 4.0.4 ICS on the phone and I'm fine, but when I try to update to 4.1 I get the boot loop. Flashing CWM recovery and then restoring a post-ICS ROM gets me a boot loop. Also, trying the stock update to 4.1 gets me the boot loop. Are there some files that I need to flash to be able to get 4.1? Maybe I corrupted some files that aren't getting overwritten?

bbond

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I successfully used Odin to flash stock 4.0.2. I then allowed the OTA to 4.0.4 and it worked/booted fine. I then allowed the OTA to 4.1.1 and I've been staring at the Nexus symbol for a solid 20 minutes. It will hang here until I pull the battery.

My question now is: what file is corrupted that won't allow an update and is not being overwritten with all these flashes?

gb525

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
why don't you just flash the stock jb image thru tool kit thats what i did

bbond

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
why don't you just flash the stock jb image thru tool kit thats what i did

I have. So many times I can't remember. I was hoping Odin would overwrite whatever might be my problem, but no luck. It's looking like it's going to have to get traded in. So much for this being an unbrickable phone :(

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Did you lock your phone before flashing CWR after going back to stock? Locking and unlocking the bootloader wipes everything. I would skip the tool kits, follow the going back to stock guide and make sure you lock and unlock the bootloader. Then, because there have been a few reports of CWM failing to flash JB ROMs, I would try flashing TWRP instead. Maybe you'll have better luck.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Fastboot the factory 4.1.1 image.. No toolkits or anything else. Make sure to run the wipe commands before fastbooting the image, i.e.
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase system...

Should be another one or 2 as well. The phone is unbrickable unless you somehow caused partition damage, which is rare but not unheard of, and just an unlucky situation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bbond

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Did you lock your phone before flashing CWR after going back to stock? Locking and unlocking the bootloader wipes everything. I would skip the tool kits, follow the going back to stock guide and make sure you lock and unlock the bootloader. Then, because there have been a few reports of CWM failing to flash JB ROMs, I would try flashing TWRP instead. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I've locked and unlocked several times. I've also tried TWRP. Unfortunately, no luck.

The phone is unbrickable unless you somehow caused partition damage, which is rare but not unheard of, and just an unlucky situation.

Is there some way to repartition?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34