Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

mariusox

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
If Thats where they should be then yes, only apks. But dang, then that means I have no other option to get the new camera to work on my s3. Sheeeeet.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
My zip should put all the files (apks and libs) in their right places. and it should also correct the premissions so that we/you should not have to do that after the zip have been flashed...
I'm going to delete the files from my phone, reflash my zip and check the premissions.

Edit: As I thought my zip gives the files the right premissions. And puts the files in the right places.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My zip should put all the files (apks and libs) in their right places. and it should also correct the premissions so that we/you should not have to do that after the zip have been flashed...
I'm going to delete the files from my phone, reflash my zip and check the premissions.

Edit: As I thought my zip gives the files the right premissions. And puts the files in the right places.

Yeah your installer script is fine. Thanks so much again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes the installer works, I hope I didn't make anyone think it didn't. My problem seems to be with getting the camera to take a photo, save it and keep working. Once I snap a photo, it freezes. Then the gallery doesn't even have the shot. Could this be a SD card issue possibly?!?! I won't take up anymore space in this thread with my problem but if anyone has a suggestion or has it all working on a s3 running any form of AOKP I'm all ears!

KINGDROID25

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried this on my sg3 worked like a charm. On thing is tht it doesn't have the option to save to external so switched back.. Im on rc7 liquid btw

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes the installer works, I hope I didn't make anyone think it didn't. My problem seems to be with getting the camera to take a photo, save it and keep working. Once I snap a photo, it freezes. Then the gallery doesn't even have the shot. Could this be a SD card issue possibly?!?! I won't take up anymore space in this thread with my problem but if anyone has a suggestion or has it all working on a s3 running any form of AOKP I'm all ears!

It might be hardware, but let me think about it a bit. I have the odexed versions, but I don't think that'll help?

mariusox

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The 4.2 Camera app have no setting for choosing where to store the photos and are automatically stored on the internal sd. At least in my case they are. I will try to flash a AOKP rom on my GT-I9300 tomorrow. (getting pretty late over here) And see if it might have something to do with AOKP or if it is anything else, unless someone else have it working on AOKP for your device?

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
ytaju8az.jpg
Flashed mine, nothing force closes but I dont have option to take pic in photosphere. App starts up but lacks software button to click...what gives?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mariusox

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Flashed mine, nothing force closes but I dont have option to take pic in photosphere. App starts up but lacks software button to click...what gives?

"Align to start" when using photosphere there should be a blue dot you'll have to find and "place" in the middle of the gray pokeball. then it will start.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
"Align to start" when using photosphere there should be a blue dot you'll have to find and "place" in the middle of the gray pokeball. then it will start.

That's the problem.. no blue button available... did I flash wrong? Permission are set to rw-r-r

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem.. no blue button available... did I flash wrong? Permission are set to rw-r-r

Try taking a screen shot.

EDIT: Nevermind. Hmm. That's really, really weird. Manual or zip installation?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
We patched the Camera to stop checking for compatible phones when starting Photo Sphere - it should work on all devices now: Download The Android 4.2 Camera/Gallery App With New UI, Editing, Photo Sphere.

The only problem I want to sort out now is the ability to start the Photo Sphere viewer. Here's the error currently:
D/LightCycleHelper( 1394): PanoramaClient not available.

Any ideas?

I don't think that will be fixed any time soon, at least based on what I've seen. Still working on it though...

Radikal

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
this is great thanks for all the hard work! Great that I can do this from my aging Nexus S 4g! Works great and I have not noticed much over heating!

dyppmo

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you took you first/centering shot. From there pan or tilt to get the next blue dot to appear.
The button(Stop not Start) shows up after the second shot to stop the shooting and start the processing.

mariusox

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to take a legit panorama photo. Maybe tonight?

Well good luck with that :D
I'll be leaving for bed now. Its 01:30 In the middle of the night (don't know how to use AM/PM :p) and have to get up and be at work in 5 hours. Work gets in the way of everything productive..
Anyways, Good night/evening/day/morning to all of you! :)