Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

abel1015

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm also using sgs3 stock ROM rooted but photosphere, panorama, taking videos, and editing is fully functional, can even record at 1080p. The only issue I am facing with this is when I am taking a picture with the flash on the gallery force closes every time. So I have to turn off the flash to make it work. Other than that everything works well. I also have the sgn2cam+gallery. They coexist in my gone without issue.

Bond111

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to flash multiple versions, and nothing is working for me. I have duplicates of sections in my gallery, but nothing with the photosphere icon. I'm running BB 10-31 build. I'm not sure how to change permissions, and rename items, move them, etc. Anyone able to help?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, I feel really dumb. But hey, I'm still proudly wearing my noob tag. (and I feel really odd replying to myself, but hopefully it will help someone)

I'm running Apex launcher, and in my mucking around I must have hidden the 4.2 camera while keeping the 4.1 camera visible. So, I un-hid the 4.2 camera, and hid the 4.1. All is well. Both galleries and both cameras remain fully functional on my phone, but for now I've hidden the 4.1 apps and keeping the 4.2. All is well over here. Flashing the 4.2 updated zip (I can't remember where I found it) is what worked for me.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You need the 3d gallery as well. If you've got it, select a photosphere in your gallery and click the photosphere icon to view it in sphere mode. Disable the old gallery if possible. (sorry for starting with more obvious stuff)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I've tried to flash multiple versions, and nothing is working for me. I have duplicates of sections in my gallery, but nothing with the photosphere icon. I'm running BB 10-31 build. I'm not sure how to change permissions, and rename items, move them, etc. Anyone able to help?

I used Root Explorer on BB to get it working
you can just long press the files and hit permissions to change it as long as you made the directory R/W first

EDIT: for some reason you need to do it manually on bugless, i tried several different flashable zips and none worked

Sumpm

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Every time I try to change permissions, I get a message saying:

Permissions change was not successful. Please note that some file systems (e.g. SD card) do now allow permission changes.

okidokiss

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, give up for now, untill a new version comes up.
Gt-I9001 - Force closes camera when starting
Gt-P700 - Is working, but closes with the 1st photosphere picture.

Tried several times flash the zip and manual install.

Good luck and thank you!

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Every time I try to change permissions, I get a message saying:

Permissions change was not successful. Please note that some file systems (e.g. SD card) do now allow permission changes.

I got that too. Moving the file off the sd card allowed me to change the permissions.

durk366

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I got that too. Moving the file off the sd card allowed me to change the permissions.

Yes, permissions aren't really relevant on the sd. Need to move the file to system first

Sent from my 9100G, running the amazing CM10 / Codebox / Slim Bean, depending on the day ;)

msgnyc

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just realized today...
While taking panoramas and photosphere shots all is well, but when taking regular shots the camera app freezes with the auto focus ring still green. Then gallery crashes. I can not back auto and reload the camera app. Have to reboot. Booo :'(

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've only tried a few shots on my Gnex, so maybe I need to work on my technique. However, it seems that whenever I try the photosphere camera, it glitches when rendering. It screws up the stitching at the "start" of the pan. The rest of the shot usually renders great (maybe a slight glitch in the middle somewhere) but without fail it screws up the stitching at the start of the pan. Any ideas/tips for me?

oper8or

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Just realized today...
While taking panoramas and photosphere shots all is well, but when taking regular shots the camera app freezes with the auto focus ring still green. Then gallery crashes. I can not back auto and reload the camera app. Have to reboot. Booo :'(

Verizon s3 here running aokp milestone1 same issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

hoopsdavis

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get this working using a Sprint Galaxy S3? The only rom I've been able to get is working on was Freeza's Sprint Touchwiz Jelly Bean 4.1.1. But I was looking to get it working on a CM10 rom.

khatta

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. It isn't working on Photon 4G (GB 2.3.5).
I renamed BlurGallery.apk since there is no Gallery or Gallery2.apk. Followed all the steps, but the gallery FC.

I get this error message : the application gallery (process com.google.android.gallery3d) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2