Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Courtesy of yours truly.

Move to system/app folder in Root Explorer. Make sure the permissions are set to RW-R-R. Reboot.

Let me know if anything doesn't work, it works fine for me (see pics below).

Oh, and don't try to install it. A reboot with the proper permissions set will populate it :). If you want, remove the other camera/gallery, which for most is Gallery2.apk.

Here's a link to the latest flashable zip, courtesy of mariusox! ==> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...830-jelly-bean-4-2-camera-20.html#post2283346

Attachments

• GalleryGoogle.apk
    7.2 MB · Views: 39,990
Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Bugs:

Photosphere FC's

Solution:

Push those files (unzipped) to system/lib. Set permissions to RW-R-R (or chmod 644). Reboot.

Editor FC's

Push that file (unzipped) to system/lib. Set permissions to RW-R-R (or chmod 644). Reboot.

Panorama/Sphere Viewer

Push this file to system/app. Set permissions to RW-R-R. Reboot.

Last edited:

matthew4295

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Working on that after work tomorrow. Also listed it under bugs. Everything else works :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Oh my bad. I should've read that. And there's a bug where it will say "Can't Connect to the Camera." until I restart. This is so awesome though. GREAT JOB!!!!!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh my bad. I should've read that. And there's a bug where it will say "Can't Connect to the Camera." until I restart. This is so awesome though. GREAT JOB!!!!!

Yup need a fresh reboot. gallery looks awesome no?

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded.. Moved it to System/Apps in Root Explorer.. Set permissions to RW-R-R.. tried to install.. got message "App not installed"... then tried to reset and install again "App not installed" message again. I try to go to the gallery and get the message "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped"

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded.. Moved it to System/Apps in Root Explorer.. Set permissions to RW-R-R.. tried to install.. got message "App not installed"... then tried to reset and install again "App not installed" message again. I try to go to the gallery and get the message "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped"

Don't install. Simply reboot after you move it :).

esteway.619

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

If u moved it to system app and changed permissions all u have to do is reboot and u should be good to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

esteway.619

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Yup need a fresh reboot. gallery looks awesome no?

Looks awesome. Thanks for this. I posted this over at rootz wiki and xda and linked it back to this thread. Hope that's OK. :D

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks awesome. Thanks for this. I posted this over at rootz wiki and xda and linked it back to this thread. Hope that's OK. :D

No worries, as long as we get credit. :)

Also, pm me the links :).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Moved the file, set permissions, and rebooted. Gallery kept force closing. Looked pretty cool though. Didn't have a chance to play with the camera yet, but looks interesting.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Moved the file, set permissions, and rebooted. Gallery kept force closing. Looked pretty cool though. Didn't have a chance to play with the camera yet, but looks interesting.

What rom? The only thing I've had fc is photo sphere, but I'd like to try and troubleshoot as much as possible. Also delete the other gallery, that may prevent any conflict.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Zeus77

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Not working for me on a custom ROM. I am using AOKP JB (4.1.2) :(

Sorry my bad, I just needed to erase or rename the original gallery apk and reboot again. All works fine, personally I think this camera is better and has a cleaner look when taking pics.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok.. So am I screwed since I tried to install?? I've tried deleting it.. rebooting.. re-doing the process.. and then rebooting.. now I get the same Gallery Error right away even when I'm not going to the Gallery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang