Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

jinkamaza

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No matter what i do move the gallery.apk or flash it still doesn't work, just "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped". I'm on stock 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus unlock and rooted.
I even dirty flash countless times to no avail
Anyone having the same issue, anyway to revert back? since I have overwrite the original apk.
Sigh... Rather have a gallery then totally nothing please help
THANKS!

Last edited:

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been reading through this post, and I'm a little confused about how to install the new gallery and camera app for my galaxy nexus. Can someone post a quick step by step instruction on how to do it. Thanks!

teng247

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
K so heres what i did to make it work so that i didnt get the gallery FC error. BTW im on AOKP JB Milestone 1 w/ Franco kernal. Flash the 4.2Camera_t01.zip file in recovery. then boot back up. Once your OS has loaded, you will most likely get a gallery FC error. I used Root Explorer and went to System-App and you will see a Gallery2.apk file. I renamed it to Gallery2.bak. Once thats done, REBOOT your phone. Once it loaded back up, i never got the FC again. If you had app icons for camera or gallery on your homescreen, they will be gone. Just go back to your drawer and re add the app icon shortcut to your homescreen. Hope this helps out

robmcclellan

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It works but doesn't work on my S3. It lets me use the Sphere, video. But sometimes the "normal" camera doesn't work and is FCed and I have to reboot.

It always lets me take the first photo, but then when I take another, it FCs

enaybee

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the share.
I followed your OP and dropped .apk and other library files where they belonged and it worked. Except for when you take a sphere photo and then click on the round thing to be able to move/pan around the photo that doesn't work.
SGS III (i747) running a port of JellyBean Leak (L710VPBLJ7 Sprint Base) ROM called JellyBean747 Milestone 7 Graystone Edition

robmcclellan

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the share.
I followed your OP and dropped .apk and other library files where they belonged and it worked. Except for when you take a sphere photo and then click on the round thing to be able to move/pan around the photo that doesn't work.
SGS III (i747) running a port of JellyBean Leak (L710VPBLJ7 Sprint Base) ROM called JellyBean747 Milestone 7 Graystone Edition

The "Streetview" interface isn't working but one thing you can do is get the photo on a PC(email it, usb it over...whatever) but you need it in it's full uncompressed, unchanged glory. Then upload it to Google+. Then click on the photo and it lets you look around it

Paracad

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Photoshere and basic camera working fine on my Toroplus.

Proof on my g+ page :) and here

nagepyva.jpg

Edit: can see full photo if you open on my g+ page gplus.to/ajohnson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca