Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Try renaming the old gallery to .bak? I moved my files manually and set the permissions. The only thing I did that wasn't explicitly spelled out in the OP was rename the files that were being replaced.

Yeah... Doing it manually works. That's what I get for trying to do things the easy way! Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, since flashing the zip didn't change anything (camera icon is 4.1, and the app doesn't appear to have changed at all) I'm guessing I'm going to have to do this manually.... (hope I don't bork my phone in the process :p)

Oh well I'm going to have to learn this sooner or later!

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... Doing it manually works. That's what I get for trying to do things the easy way! Thanks!

I never trust the "easy" way. Glad you're square.

Well, since flashing the zip didn't change anything (camera icon is 4.1, and the app doesn't appear to have changed at all) I'm guessing I'm going to have to do this manually.... (hope I don't bork my phone in the process :p)

Oh well I'm going to have to learn this sooner or later!

You can rename files that are going to be replaced and if something goes wrong just change back. Also, make a nandroid if you're worried.

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
ive taken photosphere pics but its all wonky and not rendered correctly . When I uploaded a pic to g+ its not rendered properly ...what am I doing wrong?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
ive taken photosphere pics but its all wonky and not rendered correctly . When I uploaded a pic to g+ its not rendered properly ...what am I doing wrong?

I've had the best success with taking it slowly and not getting too crazy with the angles.

ChipsNGuac

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I flashed this zip and everything seems to work ok except auto-rotate doesnt seem to be working correctly. With the previous camera it would rotate regardless of system settings. Now even with rotate enabled the camera doesnt rotate and stays in portrait orientation. What is strange though, is if I select the camera from the lock screen ring, then it will rotate, but when I pick the camera app from the app drawer or home screen icon, it wont rotate. Any thoughts/suggestions?

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I've given up trying to get the photosphere to work, I'm happy just having updated camera UI. happy waiting for updated zip.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've given up trying to get the photosphere to work, I'm happy just having updated camera UI. happy waiting for updated zip.

Did you try it manually? Can't troubleshoot it if it works on mine :(

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll try the manual approach tomorrow. Might go to stock 4.1 if that fails and go from there....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Having too much fun here.
y5umujyg.jpg

jaqaqeru.jpg

Tapatalk sent from the GneX

Last edited:

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I've re-flashed, and flashed the "update zip". If I go to the stock camera app, it's the 4.1 version. If I go to the gallery, it appears to be the 4.2 version. Within that gallery, there's a camera icon. I tap that, and it opens the 4.2 camera app. Also, from my lockscreen, if I slide to the camera icon (instead of unlocking) it opens the 4.2 camera.

So what do I need to do to get the stock camera icon in my app drawer to open the 4.2 camera? I'm running GSM Gnex, AOKP JB Milestone 1 (Franco Milestone 6) if that helps. Its soooo close! The camera is there, its just a real pain to get at it right now. Do I need to find my way into the files on my phone and rename the old (4.1) camera so that it defaults to the new (4.2) camera?

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
only issue I have is when using the photosphere, it snaps a picture when the blue dot is ALMOST where it needs to be, but not quite center, which results in some of my pictures rendering out strange...Is there a way to pause it from taking a photo until the blue dot is properly lined up? It seems like it snaps too fast lol

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi.
This installation could be work in the Nexus one flashed with CM7 ?
Thanks

You wouldn't be able to utilize the gyroscope features of the photo sphere app. And I believe it doesn't work with gingerbread.

Brought to you by the Google Galaxy Nexus. It IS better than the iPhone 5.

astuermer

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
For me the standard panorama function force close the camera app.

Also how can I set the camera to save pictures to my external sd card?

mmace

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Sharing to Maps is available as an option now, I've seen other peoples showing up on Google Maps if you drag the little yellow man some blue circles appear.

screenshot2012110309390.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool