Problems with call quality: reflash radios? reflash ROM?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Accidentally posted this in the general forum, really should be here:

I am wondering whether I should re-flash my radios. I am using the latest BB, does that include the radios? Do I need to reflash the radios separately?

My baseband version is 1515.09 V.FC04 / 1515.FC05

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Your other thread says that others can "barely hear you," while this says simply "problems with call quality." Assuming your issue is that you're quiet or just hard to hear in general when talking on the phone, your radios most likely aren't at fault. Besides, it should take no more than a minute to flash them (aside from the CDMA radio write time), so if you want to try it, why not go ahead and do so? Anyway, it's very possible that you have some sort of debris (dust, lint, etc.) stuck in the microphone of your Nexus, even if it isn't visible to the naked eye. Using a compressed air duster with the straw attached might help ensure that the microphone itself is unobstructed.

Keep in mind that radios are preserved through wipes and flashes (except for full OTA update packages), and so they won't be changed unless you flash them individually -- though it seems you know this already. It can't hurt to try flashing them again, but the most common causes of being hard for others to hear are physical issues with your microphone or an area with substantially poor signal.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
That is a great idea, thanks! one reason why that maybe true is that I can hear them perfectly with no connection issues, but they say that I am sounding staticky and breaking up. which would be up odd if it was just a bad radio connection. I will try the cleaning first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Update: cleaning wasn't the issue after all. I was able to test this (after trying the blower to no effect) by putting a headphone with a mic on it and having the same problem. So, I flashed the new radios and all is well!!! Thanks!

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I used the latest ones on the radio thread, if you can't find it let me know. When I get to my computer tomorrow I will provide a link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I got the radios from the Radio sticky thread above. The second post is what has the latest, from August or so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non