[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
AOSP JellyBean 4.2.2 Official Source Build JDQ39 hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things nicely functional.
(This Jedi has no affiliation w/ Mmuzzly, just sharing this cool Rom with you all)

Features include:
- Root with SuperSU
- Scroll Cache disabled (kmagameguy
- Quick Settings Mod (kevdliu)
- Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
- Screenshot on power menu (CM)
- Expanded Desktop (CM)
- T9 Dialing (Paranoid Android)
- Clear all apps button in recent apps list (D4rKn3sSyS)
- Volume Fix (Peter Alfonso)
- Native tethering
- Verizon Sign in apps
- Play app auto restore
- Fixed pull-down carrier text
- GPS Lock Tweak (convolution)
- Emergency Broadcast Settings Menu
- Lean and fast

----------------
Directions (Clean Flash)

UPDATE YOUR RECOVERY! (Links Below)

1. Wipe factory data/reset
2. Wipe cache
3. Go into mounts and storage
4. Format /system
5. Format /data
6. Format /cache
7. Wipe dalvik
8. Flash ROM
9. Flash GAPPs

ClockworkmOd----> ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

TWRP (GooManager) --------> Goo.im Downloads - Browsing goomanager

French Vanilla - Slightly Modded version of MMuzzyROM - JDQ39)-----------------> Goo.im Downloads - Browsing FrenchVanilla
More MODs available thanks Kmagameguy, Willyjay and adbFreedom, and others.

Vanilla - Fixes done but no MODs, pure AOSP version of MMuzzyROM - JDQ39)---------------> Goo.im Downloads - Browsing Vanilla
This is provided for those who don't like MODs. AOSP MODs will work though.

4.2.2 GAPPs - Download -----------> Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Mike1986's Superwipe script (automates pre clean flash steps) - Download-----------> Super_Wipe_Galaxy_Nexus.zip

----------------
Changelog:

March 6, 2013
- Reverted gps.conf file
- Rebuilt/remerged 4.2.2 binaries

March 5, 2013
- GPS files from OTA merged
(thanks klobkelosh, Tiny4579, mwalt2)

March 1, 2013

- Merged new JDQ39 posted binaries
- Merged AOSP JDQ39 device files
- T9 dialer restored to ROM
- removed AOSP calendar
- Koush Superuser added (open source Superuser)

NOTE: If attempting to dirty flash, be sure to uninstall SuperSU. This can be done within the APP. Be careful not to auto restore SuperSU from Play! (thanks subsonicbug)

OP-----------> [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2 - JOP40C - New Build! 11/15/12 - xda-developers

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2 - JOP40C - New Build!

Add-ons (date given if release specific)

Blacked out theme by adbFreedom (1/13/12) - xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.2.1 - JOP40D

Physical button camera shutter MOD by adbFreedom (4.2.1) - xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.2.1 - JOP40D

Nav Bar and Battery Mods by adbFreedom (12/30) - xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.2.1 - JOP40D

kmagameguy's MODs (12/30) - My Files

MMuzzy Wallpaper (kmamameguy) - http://www.filedump.net/dumped/mmuzzy1354598586.jpg

Verizon Signon/Apps (not needed 12/22 or newer) - Goo.im Downloads - Browsing Verizon_SSO_Fix_JOP40D.zip

Nexus 4 System Sound Files (adbFreedom) - https://www.box.com/s/d0au6olocmc5t9crgc61

4.2 Launcher 5x4 W or W/O rotation (runandhide05) - Thread [FIXED]4.2 Launcher 5x4 W or W/O rotation - xda-developers

Last edited:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

@Jkd

I know you are a true crackflasher and you have been on mucho mucho roms, gimme an honest opinion (because I'm assuming you have flashed this) any good? New features? Oh and what about the sdcard thing where its in another partition and cwm in particular cant read?

Its like when 4.1 came out after many months on ics 401, 403, 404 etc etc. It was just pure stock with no tweaks. So we gotta start from scratch again and wait for the devs to add the goodies?
I need goodies. You know the rom control stuff in aokp.

Is it daily driver material and are you gonna stay on it? Its nice to flash new stuff but at this point I'm not sure if new is better.

Last edited:

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

@Jkd

I know you are a true crackflasher and you have been on mucho mucho roms, gimme an honest opinion (because I'm assuming you have flashed this) any good? New features? Oh and what about the sdcard thing where its in another partition and cwm in particular cant read?

Its like when 4.1 came out after many months on ics 401, 403, 404 etc etc. It was just pure stock with no tweaks. So we gotta start from scratch again and wait for the devs to add the goodies?

Is it daily driver material and are you gonna stay on it? Its nice to flash new stuff but at this point I'm not sure if new is better.

It's daily driver material but it's not 100% perfect, yet. If you really want 4.2 though it's fine. I've seen a few FCs in some settings menus on the 11/14 build. The 11/15 build looks like it'll fix some of that but there is also a new bug with Gtalk (with a manual fix provided) so I'm holding off until the next one.

I like the new features in 4.2. Mostly the new camera and the font changes they made to all the system text.

Yeah you'll gotta wait for tweaks. It takes time for devs to merge their changes into the new AOSP source.

I'm staying on it until Bugless Beast updates to 4.2 but for not it's great and the best one i've tried to far.

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

"TWRP update recommenced for 4.2 support."

Does cw not work in 4.2? I'd switch to TWRP but I don't have a computer to install it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

The 11/15 build is working pretty well for me so far. It has group MMS built in. Not seeing that in the changelog so I guess it was added to AOSP? I actually don't mind the new notification toggles as much as I thought I would though it takes and extra step compared to having at the top of the notifications window like CM. Big improvement over ICS or JB 4.1 though. The new lock screen widgets are cool.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

"TWRP update recommenced for 4.2 support."

Does cw not work in 4.2? I'd switch to TWRP but I don't have a computer to install it.

@Jkd

I'ts strictly a Daily Driver as @Digitalslacker has pointed out, a great daily driver w/ crazy battery life as one would expect w/ a stock build, worth a dance. and yes TWRP RECOVERY is a MUST with any 4.2 builds to date. Other wise you'll lose your nandroids!!! (I lost mine :p ) TWRP is the way to go, just make sure to flash the latest recovery from within the app. (2nd post of OP has the link to that)

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Another cool thing about the lock screen widgets is that you reorder them like you would webOS cards. You just long press the widget and move it around. You don't need to go searching for a settings menu to change the look. Nice.

RANT ALERT!!!

Too bad you can't stack the widgets, use gestures and cards in Android. I like the way webOS handles toggles and settings better too. Actually, I still like the webOS UI better than Android. I still use my Pre Plus by my bedside for my alarm clock, checking email and listening to music and it still works great. As a matter of fact it's been running non-stop since I got my GN without a force close or reboot (of course I put it on the stock governor so it wouldn't run hot :) ). Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my GN in for a Palm device and give up all of the hardware advantages and functionality that it offers. Just saying I still miss the webOS UI.

END RANT! LOL

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Something I've noticed is that this ROM doesn't include the new gmail. And I've been having problems installing leaked ones.. Anyone have a link or a fix?
Edit: derp, gotta turn it on under settings. Man this ROM is sweet

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I have 4.2 gmail. Look under settings -> about gmail. It should say 4.2.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Something I've noticed is that this ROM doesn't include the new gmail. And I've been having problems installing leaked ones.. Anyone have a link or a fix?
Edit: derp, gotta turn it on under settings. Man this ROM is sweet

+1 I was upset I lost my AOKP nandroid on another 4.2 build at Rootville.com and went to this 4.2 build to check it out, it is one sweet build. Been on it for a couple of days, might last me till AOKP or CM comes out with their flavor of 4.2.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I actually don't mind the new notification toggles as much as I thought I would though it takes and extra step compared to having at the top of the notifications window like CM.
I take this part back. I just realized that all these shortcuts do is take you into settings menus. It's no easier than opening up the settings menu from the notification window in 4.1. It would be nice if tapping a setting like wifi simply toggled it on/off and long pressing took you to the menu. (Maybe that's where they are headed.) Oh well, I guess it's back to power toggles.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

So far so good. I keep getting a force close on setup wizard though ?

Sent from somewhere

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Amazing ROM. I prefer stock and this does it very well

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

You NEED TWRP LATEST RECOVERY !!!!!!!! ---------------> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ImNvbS5zMHVwLmdvb21hbmFnZXIiXQ&token=kEZka2P8.. In settings of the Goo Manger app download the REcovery! This will find your NANDROIDS.

CWM will NOT! (Not updated yet)
OK. I now have TWRP 2.3.2.1 which is the latest on their site. Still gives the E: unable to locate android secure partition. Same as it did in 2.3.1.1. I assumed this was because of Android 4.2 and I thought this latest TWRP was supposed to fix problems with 4.2. Apparently not?

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Sick ROM. Been running it for days. But went back to aokp because it won't show up when plugged into a computer. Anybody else get that problem?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

OK. I now have TWRP 2.3.2.1 which is the latest on their site. Still gives the E: unable to locate android secure partition. Same as it did in 2.3.1.1. I assumed this was because of Android 4.2 and I thought this latest TWRP was supposed to fix problems with 4.2. Apparently not?

You might have to do a super wipe and start all over, not the end of the world, good luck!

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Anyone getting lag upon locking the screen?

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power