When are you planning on flashing 4.2?

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would have flashed 4.2 by now, but it still seems like it is really buggy for the GNex. I am kind of surprised since I flashed Jellybean the day it was released (around 11:00pm)... but then again, they already had Jellybean running on the GSM Galaxy Nexus..

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I am going to wait for the theme engine. 4.1 still runs fine. The frenzy to install something new is strong, its almost human nature. I will resist for a bit longer.
Some of the new features are nice though.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
When do I plan on flashing??? About 4 days ago. lol

Muzzy's has NOT been buggy for me. It's been my DD and it works fine.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I had a 4.2 Jelly Belly build and gapps downloaded on Friday. I switched to TWRP (but now CWM has been updated) and made a nanny, then I got busy at work so I didn't flash it. Then had a busy weekend and I didn't get around to it. I was hoping to see a few more 4.2 build out today, but I guess that didn't happen. Saw mixed reviews of the rom I have downloaded, so I may give the devs another day or two.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
so I brokedown and flashed Jakeday's 4.2 Jelly Belly and his 11/17 gapps. It's buttery smooth/fast, but I miss my "rom control", lockscreen targets, and the AOKP/CM style toggles in the notification shade. Something new to play with, though, and I'm sure I'll find more stock features as I use it more. Definitely looking forward to see what the devs come up with for 4.2.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using JellyBelly 4.2 until BB releases. I'm not seeing any bugs, I know people keep reporting problems and there are grandly titled blogs posts about it being the worse Android version since Honeycomb but I'm not seeing any issues at all on either my Gnex or my N7.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm using JellyBelly 4.2 until BB releases. I'm not seeing any bugs, I know people keep reporting problems and there are grandly titled blogs posts about it being the worse Android version since Honeycomb but I'm not seeing any issues at all on either my Gnex or my N7.

People love to complain :)

So far loving 4.2 on both my Nexus 4 and 7, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
When do I plan on flashing??? About 4 days ago. lol

Muzzy's has NOT been buggy for me. It's been my DD and it works fine.

same here. Mmuzzy's build works great on my Verizon Gnex and will continue to be my daily driver

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
People love to complain :)

So far loving 4.2 on both my Nexus 4 and 7, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yes they do! But it's the Internet, that's what people do! I'm starting a petition! :)

Don't get me wrong, there are things about 4.2 that I don't really like. The lock screen is weird to me, not a fan of the new keyboard, Daydream gives me nothing. But those aren't problems, that's my opinion on new features. I'm sure many people like those things.

There is the "December" bug and that's an issue but in my day to day use I haven't encountered it. The funny things about problems is when you look for them, you find them.

It's OK though because next week everyone will stop arguing about how horrible 4.2 is and start complaining about the update process. What phones will and won't get 4.2 and how broken Android is because 18 mos old phone don't get bumped up to the latest version that they hated last week. That's how this always rolls, every, single, time. :)

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I've tried muzzys and a few others, but every time I get it loaded and booted, I get a message saying that the android system has stopped, or something like that. The last one I tried, the set up wizard would not run.

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been running ice and fire 4.2 with zero issues .. I highly recommend if you want to give it a try

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Are there many 4.2 roms out there right now? Haven't really seen many on XDA.. Surprised BB is still not out yet..

Jelly Belly is my favorite, it's on XDA.

Yeah, I'm a little bummed that BB hasn't updated yet but Pete's thing is to release it when it's bugless and he's worked hard building a reputation of stability so it's all good.

It'll be here when it's ready.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
What are the main pluses for running 4.2?
Is this running smoother/faster than 4.1.2?
Besides the quick settings menu, what else does 4.2 have to offer?
Are people seeing better battery life?
I guess I am looking for a good reason to make the upgrade. It appears that there are a few ROM's that are pretty stable out there right now. I just don't want to have to try and go back to 4.1 after I make the jump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy