Huh? I did nothing, and I may have bricked my phone?

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So I have a 4.2.1 ROM installed. It is running just great, but I decide to try a new kernel. I download one. I reboot to CWM to make a backup. Backup usually takes a few minutes, so I just leave it be. Come back 5 minutes or so to find that it's stuck at the "Backup space freed up" (or something along those lines) part. I reboot back into CWM, and now I can't do anything. If I try to back up again, CWM goes blank. I then try to reboot the phone. It gets stuck at the Google screen.

I'm very confused. This has never happened before. Can someone explain to me what went wrong and how I can fix it?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You probably flashed a 412 kernel.
They are not compatible with 421 roms.

Sent from my Toro :)p)

I would definitely agree but if I read it right he didn't even flash the new kernel, just was making a nanny. Can't say I've heard of this happening before. Bummer. At least you see how this phone is as unbrickable as they get :)

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
The kernel I had on the ROM was definitely for 4.2.1. I downloaded another 4.2.1 kernel to try, but I never got around to flashing it because CWM got hung up making a nandroid backup. It was at that point that the phone stopped recognizing the "SD card" and went into a bootloop when I tried to boot it up. It was really weird.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Definitely need to be on the latest version of whichever recovery you are using for doing anything 421 related.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2