Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 10001110101
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is 4.2.x ROM worth it???

Hello all,

Well I have following both AOKP and MMuzzy threads. Seems like a lot of issues with the update of JB ROM, the 0 issue for sd card for 1, others have the phone crash, or app FC. is there anything that sis really needed, I like the new camera idea, but having issues when I have a nice JB 4.1.x ROM working is key for me.

on a side note if Flashers are having issues how the heck are the providers going to issue a OTA without issues?

Just thinking out loud. BTW Wheres dmmarck been haven't seen him posting in quit sometime.

Happy Flashing everybody : )

ROM
    Something new!

Default Re: is 4.2.x ROM worth it???

I flashed the Euroskank 4.2.1 CM10 on Monday and had no issues. Make sure you have the latest version of the recovery that you use. I really like the lockscreen widgets. Enough so that I actually use a pin now.It feels snappier and smoother. I won't be going back.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Xanth269 View Post
    Hello all,

Well I have following both AOKP and MMuzzy threads. Seems like a lot of issues with the update of JB ROM, the 0 issue for sd card for 1, others have the phone crash, or app FC. is there anything that sis really needed, I like the new camera idea, but having issues when I have a nice JB 4.1.x ROM working is key for me.

on a side note if Flashers are having issues how the heck are the providers going to issue a OTA without issues?

Just thinking out loud. BTW Wheres dmmarck been haven't seen him posting in quit sometime.

Happy Flashing everybody : )
    I am personally not seeing all of these issues with FC and boot looping and rebooting. Maybe these were the early adopters that you are thinking of.
    That's what kept me from updating until now. The folder structure is a little strange on how they add extra folders that don't "appear" that they are needed. But, it hasn't affected my phone at all, besides wondering if I lost a lot of storage space due to the duplicates. I am not really missing anything from the ***** 4.1.2 builds I was using before 4.2.1.

As far as dmmarck goes, I can't be sure, but quite possibly he bought a new Nexus 4 and is over in those forums now.
    Sometimes when you see people just disappear, that's usually what happens.

Guess I'm not a crackflasher, but I follow the forums daily to see what's up. The unicorn is my daily driver (4.1.2), along with Franco's kernel, working great for me. I've held off flashing anything past that so far. I could be wrong, but it seems that 4.2.x has made it more difficult for the devs. I'm not a dev, so don't know if that's true. Interesting though that reading through the ROM threads, there seem to be several "issues", but also that many users here have not necessarily had glitches. I noticed in the N4 forum though that there appears to be an OS glitch (4.2.x) that Google acknowleges & apparently has a "fix" for. Maybe that will help everyone out.

Yeah, I noticed that dmm & some others are missing on this forum. Can't blame them if they've moved on to other phones. I still love this phone though & plan on flashing ROMs on it till one of us wears out.

ROM
    5.1.1 or M pre + EX

At this point, the devs have already fixed the coding that Google broke in 4.2.x (devs words not mine). Loving 4.2.1. On a side note, I know that "devs" like ***** and dizzythermal only compile CM/AOKP and do not do any coding, but I proved it it to myself by dirty flashing DT aokp 12/6 over skanks aokp 12/5 without a hitch. BTW I've seen 2defmouze, dmmarck, and zero posting a bit in the N4 forum. Nothing like they did here as it seems there's just not a lot going on with the N4 yet (which is very surprising to me, but I guess most devs haven't been able to buy one yet lol). I think 2def is the only one with a N4 at this point. Yes, now I do feel like a dirty stalker

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    At this point, the devs have already fixed the coding that Google broke in 4.2.x (devs words not mine). Loving 4.2.1. On a side note, I know that "devs" like ***** and dizzythermal only compile CM/AOKP and do not do any coding, but I proved it it to myself by dirty flashing DT aokp 12/6 over skanks aokp 12/5 without a hitch. BTW I've seen 2defmouze, dmmarck, and zero posting a bit in the N4 forum. Nothing like they did here as it seems there's just not a lot going on with the N4 yet (which is very surprising to me, but I guess most devs haven't been able to buy one yet lol). I think 2def is the only one with a N4 at this point. Yes, now I do feel like a dirty stalker
    Just don't try flashing Euro over AOKP dirty. It does not work. Ask me how I know...
    ConTejas likes this.

ROM
    5.1.1 or M pre + EX

LOL. Well Euroskank/fitsnugly compliles both CM and AOKP, so as long as you're going from CM to CM or AOKP to AOKP you should be fine. That's why we keep nanies Well, A nany. Never understood why people keep multiple backups
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So if I am on AOKP 4.1.x and want to change to AOKP 4.2, obviously I do a full wipe, do I need to do that superwipe that was mentioned?

I checked AOKP site I see JB Build 2 but they admit some breaks and bugs and to wait for Build 3.
    Which GAPPS package I found several for 4.2 but noting says signed like for 4.1.x Links anyone??

Thanks

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Xanth269 View Post
    So if I am on AOKP 4.1.x and want to change to AOKP 4.2, obviously I do a full wipe, do I need to do that superwipe that was mentioned?

I checked AOKP site I see JB Build 2 but they admit some breaks and bugs and to wait for Build 3.
    Which GAPPS package I found several for 4.2 but noting says signed like for 4.1.x Links anyone??

Thanks
    Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

I've been using MMuzzy's 4.2.1 ROM (which is AOSP) and have had zero issues at all. My Verizon Gnex runs really well and the latest build had eradicated previous GPS issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2