Question about a factory reset on rooted/ROM'e device.
I've just received my new N4 and I'm going to give my Galaxy Nexus to my son. I want to clean it up for him, but security is not a huge issue. I do want to leave the current ROM and kernel on the phone, as he's played with it and likes it running as it is right now. One thing I could do is just go into a file manager app and delete my personal directories, then sign out of my gmail account. Another option would be to do a hard reset, but I don't know what this might do to my current ROM and kernel, which I NEED to keep intact.
Does anyone know if a hard reset would screw up the ROM/kernel?
- 12-06-2012, 08:47 PM #2
Re: Question about a factory reset on rooted/ROM'e device.
nop[e it will not mess with the ROM or Kernel. Just wipe the data, cache and dalvik cache. Maybe the internal storage, not sure about that one. I do know it will not mess with the rom or kernel
- 12-06-2012, 11:36 PM #3
- By Andrew2014 in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 21Last Post: 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM
- By lito793 in forum T-Mobile G2Replies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2011, 08:54 PM
- By sundown220 in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 12Last Post: 08-16-2010, 11:49 PM
- By drfundy in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2010, 05:08 PM
- By brownpm85 in forum VerizonReplies: 0Last Post: 12-20-2009, 11:10 PM