I need held unrooting my Gnexus!

supernaut25

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello, and thank you for your help in advance
I would like to know if there is a way to reverse the root on my nexus and go back to factory setting without connecting to a computer? I know this is an odd request but the USB port on my phone is very unstable and am having trouble connecting it to my computer/charger.I would like to do a warranty repair and to do this i need to unroot it, and most of the unrooting guides require a computer connection. Sometimes if i move the usb cable around enough the connection does work, but my phone shows up as an unknown device and I am currently trying to fix this. Is there anyway I can do this in my predicament?
Thanks again

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just do a factory from Settings > Backup & reset > factory reset. It will wipe everything but if your sending it in anyway it won't make a difference.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

supernaut25

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that I have a custom operating system on it, so if i send it back I am under the impression that it will not be covered under warranty. Is this true?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that I have a custom operating system on it, so if i send it back I am under the impression that it will not be covered under warranty. Is this true?

Well you didn't mention that, lol. I'd recommend doing a factory image restore in that case, but without a working usb port that can be difficult / impossible. There was a thread here recently where someone had to do it and I believe found a method but I'm not sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
He used the android terminal app to flash the factory image if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember where the thread is though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar