Phone Won't Charge

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay so out of nowhere, my Galaxy Nexus won't charge. While powered off it shows that it is charging but when I actually power it on, it almost immediately powers off from lack of battery power. It's as if it hadn't charged at all when it was powered off. I have tried 3 different chargers and it's always the same result. Also sometimes when I power it on, the whole home screen is rotated sideways. I am running AOKP. Any ideas? Thanks.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Try pulling the battery and holding the power button for at least 10 seconds to release built up static electricity. This is the trick for phones that won't trun on or charge at all, but it's worth a try in your case.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Clean flash your kernel. Check the pins in the battery compartment. Follow ConTejas's advice to release any static charge. Finally, follow lynnneil's advice and do a complete reset to stock on your phone. No need to unroot or lock, but fully reset the ROM and kernel. Try charging, and if it works I'd try re-downloading AOKP and your kernel, verifying the MD5's, and re-flashing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon