No network

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Suddenly my phone has no network. Can not call or text. WiFi is OK.

No bars. Did not drop my phone. As near as I can tell one minute it worked the next minute it didn't. I reflashed radios pulled battery nothing seems to work. Is it something I did settings wise? Or did my phone just die?

Any input/insight would be helpful.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
How could I verify if its the sim?

First, pull the SIM out and look for any physical damage. If you can't find any physical damage, I would recommend dropping by a Verizon store and grabbing a new SIM. It should take less than five minutes, and then you can verify whether or not the SIM card is at fault.

Although it's usually very quick, be aware that it can take up to 15 minutes for a new SIM to provision on the network.

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I went to a VZW store and got a new SIM. Now I'm on the network but something's not right. I can't send texts and when I call someone my number shows up as restricted.

I'm wondering if its because I'm not running stock ROM?

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I went to a VZW store and got a new SIM. Now I'm on the network but something's not right. I can't send texts and when I call someone my number shows up as restricted.

I'm wondering if its because I'm not running stock ROM?

Could be your Kernel. I had the same problem on a franco build. downloded Trinity Kernel and problem went away. Try a different rom maybe too if you are using the ROMs Kernel

Make sure you are on the latest radios FF02 /FG02