Should I update to 4.2?

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been running bugless beast 4.1 for awhile now, and I want to update to 4.2. My question is should I? I've heard some people are having problems with it. Also, I'm not sure what ROM would be the most stable. Thanks of any help guys.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If you jumped on board 4.2 in the first week or two after it was released, you may have run into some issues.
All of the bugs have since been worked out. If you install a 4.2 ROM now and are still having issues, it's most likely user error.
Most, if not all ROM's, are stable now and are only differentiated by the features.

I have been running Euroskank's AOKP for quite a while now with no issues. You may have to try out different kernels to find one that you and your phone likes, though.
Also, don't forget to flash the latest recovery before doing any backups. Just do it.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been running Euroskank's AOKP version (which is called AOSKP) for a while now. I prefer AOKP over AOSP, it has more features. Very stable, very fun.

Make sure you have the latest version of TWRP or CWM (which ever one you use) recovery program installed first. The file structure changes to accommodate multiple users and older versions of the recovery programs don't understand this.

grea3682

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat waiting for bugless beast to update. I decided to go with Mmuzzy 4.2 earlier this week. So far I've had no issues. I would recommend Mmuzzy's if you like the vanilla style of bugless beast. It is bery simular.

ListerHayes

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been running bugless beast 4.1 for awhile now, and I want to update to 4.2. My question is should I? I've heard some people are having problems with it. Also, I'm not sure what ROM would be the most stable. Thanks of any help guys.

Mmuzzy's 4.2's are pretty solid. I went to it from BB and use Tiny's kernel...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I recommend Shiny ota like update 4.2. I have been using for awhile with no problems.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums