Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

101 Posts

Default [Newbie questions] Radio, CWM backups

On just recently went on a flashing spree and finally decided top stay with the official AOKP 4.2.1 build... But I'm receiving terrible signal... I don't know why and wanted to know what do i need to do to flash the stock radio . Also because of all the flashing I've been doping I see a lot of files in my SD card being made called 0... there is like 7 one inside the other.. It's like inception inside my SD card ... Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

103 Posts
    AOSPA 3.99/ Golden Kernel

Default Re: [Newbie questions] Radio, CWM backups

Read this thread for everyone having radio issues. Me included http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...h-4-2-1-a.html

Also on your Inception Card....not my words:

With Android 4.2, Google introduced multiple users as a new feature. In order to accommodate multiple users, Google is now giving each user a their own folder for storage. If you upgraded to 4.2 from 4.1, then the 4.2 ROM will look for a certain file in /data to determine whether it needs to migrate all of your files to the new multi-user data structure. By default, 4.2 migrates all of /data/media to /data/media/0.

A problem arose though with custom recoveries. A custom recovery retains the /data/media folder during a factory reset. When you factory reset and then boot a 4.2 ROM again, the 4.2 ROM will migrate everything in /data/media again. It will migrate your files every time you factory reset. This multiple migration is what resulted in some people having their files moved to /sdcard/0 or even /sdcard/0/0 etc.
    So it has in fact to do with the new Multi-User feature -- one way or the other.