- 101 Posts
[Newbie questions] Radio, CWM backups
On just recently went on a flashing spree and finally decided top stay with the official AOKP 4.2.1 build... But I'm receiving terrible signal... I don't know why and wanted to know what do i need to do to flash the stock radio . Also because of all the flashing I've been doping I see a lot of files in my SD card being made called 0... there is like 7 one inside the other.. It's like inception inside my SD card ... Any help would be appreciated
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
- 01-21-2013, 08:09 PM #2
- 103 Posts
- AOSPA 3.99/ Golden Kernel
Re: [Newbie questions] Radio, CWM backups
Read this thread for everyone having radio issues. Me included http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...h-4-2-1-a.html
Also on your Inception Card....not my words:
With Android 4.2, Google introduced multiple users as a new feature. In order to accommodate multiple users, Google is now giving each user a their own folder for storage. If you upgraded to 4.2 from 4.1, then the 4.2 ROM will look for a certain file in /data to determine whether it needs to migrate all of your files to the new multi-user data structure. By default, 4.2 migrates all of /data/media to /data/media/0.
A problem arose though with custom recoveries. A custom recovery retains the /data/media folder during a factory reset. When you factory reset and then boot a 4.2 ROM again, the 4.2 ROM will migrate everything in /data/media again. It will migrate your files every time you factory reset. This multiple migration is what resulted in some people having their files moved to /sdcard/0 or even /sdcard/0/0 etc.
So it has in fact to do with the new Multi-User feature -- one way or the other.
- By kurokirasama in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 0Last Post: 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
- By eharty in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM
- By Vance14 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 05-30-2012, 12:05 PM
- By Wilford Brimley in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 11Last Post: 06-24-2011, 05:08 PM
- By schnergun in forum HTC HeroReplies: 0Last Post: 11-04-2009, 10:42 AM