4.2.2 ROM with Bluetooth AVRCP/MAP Support.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone.

I've been out of the loop for awhile and finally have the time to start flashing some ROMs again. Im still on 4.1.2 because of the bluetooth issues I was hearing about with 4.2.1. I use bluetooth all the time so for me its a MUST have. Now that all seems to be well with Bluetooth in 4.2.2 i'm looking for a ROM with AVRCP and MAP support.

The only ROM i have found with both is Sourcery (Its listed on the features at least), but for some reason that ROM is never mentioned on here? Any reason for that? Anyone use it? Feedback?

Outside that question can anyone confirm any other ROMs that definitely has these features? Normally i would just backup and keep flashing new ROMs till i found what i wanted, but i dont want to leave 4.1 till i find something super stable/fast with these features.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Last edited:

Jamie Goebel Eavou

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
did you find anything? that's what I was just looking for:) I think I will try this Sourcery you mention, can't hurt me...I have a bad install of another I thought was to have MAP support. I'll let you know if it works out for me!

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
did you find anything? that's what I was just looking for:) I think I will try this Sourcery you mention, can't hurt me...I have a bad install of another I thought was to have MAP support. I'll let you know if it works out for me!

Please do. I have not found much else meeting these requirements. Sourcery has been around since the Droid 1 days. I flashed their ROM once on my gnex months ago, but changed back to AOKP for some reason. I do remember a ton of customizing options. Im just worried to make the jump because if i make the switch to 4.2 and have issues i really can't step back to 4.1 easily due to file system changes. Any feedback would be great.

Jamie Goebel Eavou

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Well I did go look at Sourcery and it looks promising...having a hard time actually finding the download for Nexus 4 tho. I didn't do it yet. Do you have a link? The site looks to be more geared toward people who really know what they are doing and custom build. ??? I am looking into SlimBean today...see what they have to offer.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I did go look at Sourcery and it looks promising...having a hard time actually finding the download for Nexus 4 tho. I didn't do it yet. Do you have a link? The site looks to be more geared toward people who really know what they are doing and custom build. ??? I am looking into SlimBean today...see what they have to offer.

They dont make a Nexus 4 version it seems. I was under the impression that you had a Galaxy Nexus since thats what forum i posted in. Let me know either way how slim bean works out. Im considering that, but im not sure if Avrcp/Map is available in the latest builds.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
KCA2000 - I'm rocking the N4 these days but I had flashed quite a few different JBSourcery builds on my lte gnex and all but one were essentially flawless. The one version that wasn't was almost immediately pulled and an apology was written up by the devs stating they tried to rush it (I believe it was their first JB build). A few days later it was up as a new version and it was great. Have no trouble recommending. You might say they offer the best of the big rom devs in one package.

Oh, and make sure you're on the latest version of CWM or TWRP before (KEY WORD) flashing to 4.2.x

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
KCA2000 - I'm rocking the N4 these days but I had flashed quite a few different JBSourcery builds on my lte gnex and all but one were essentially flawless. The one version that wasn't was almost immediately pulled and an apology was written up by the devs stating they tried to rush it (I believe it was their first JB build). A few days later it was up as a new version and it was great. Have no trouble recommending. You might say they offer the best of the big rom devs in one package.

Oh, and make sure you're on the latest version of CWM or TWRP before (KEY WORD) flashing to 4.2.x

Awesome, thanks for the feedback ConTejas. I was contemplating going with Sourcery blind or Xenon HD. Both list MAP in there feature set. Xenons latest has been a mess it seems and Sourcery had issues with theirs like you said, but released a revision quickly. Good to see that.

How smooth was sourcery compared to other ROMs? Also i hear there is alot of customizing on sourcery, can most things be turned off? Look wise i like it to look stock.

Thanks again

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It was faster and as stable as stock (probably had it paired with Trinity/Franco/or Lean kernel). It probably offers as many options as any rom out there, but you don't have to use any of them. Basically, their rom control has a tool that will download and flash mods (think statusbar, softkeys, etc etc) for you. Similar to how some use Goo or Rom Control to download and flash roms for them (not that I recommend that sort of noob stuff : P). Just make a nandroid and try it out.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Might be crazy, but i am still holding off on upgrading. I have seen problems with bluetooth range and connection/quality on 4.2.2 roms. This i guess is related to the bluetooth stack and not the ROMs themselves. Since i use bluetooth all the time between the car and the gym i need it to be solid. I have that now, just no MAP. I'm going to hold off until the problem is worked out or another update is released that addresses the problem.

For people already on 4.2.2 i have found Sourcery, XenonHD, and Slim Roms have map listed.

I have seen people report AVRCP does not work well/at all on Xenon. Not sure if this is true or not. Im gonna wait for one more Sourcery update and then take the plunge. If i have luck, ill report back. I wish i could just try one and switch back, but the changes 4.2.2 makes may make that a drawn out process.