Bluetooth Problems After 4.2.2, any Custom ROMs or Hacks that Fix It?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Never had a problem with my GNex's bluetooth until 4.2.2. It happened with the leaked OTA and then I reverted back to 4.1.1 and the problem went away. Then I received the official OTA and the problem came back.

The problem is that my bluetooth (Motorola Elite Flip) sometimes will not connect or will disconnect when it is right near the phone and then reconnect. I have tried rebooting, SIM pulls, factory resets and uninstalling Motospeak.

I really don't think this is a hardware problem since the problem went away when I went back to 4.1.1. It happens on 4.2.2 when I have Motospeak installed or uninstalled, so I don't think it is due to Motospeak - I think something was done in 4.2.2 that negatively affected the bluetooth.

Is there any way for me to keep 4.2.2. but revert back to the bluetooth of 4.1.1? Or are there custom ROMs that can help resolve this issue?

I just hope this isn't the last OS update for the GNex because 4.2.2 broke the bluetooth!

almahix

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
In January, Team Sourcery adopted a bluetooth fix that corrects a constant connect/timeout issue with some hands-free car kits, like my 2003 BMW. The sourcery rom version 4.2 or later contains the fix.

Just today, another ROM, a public version of AOKP by apophis9283, was released that contains the same fix. I don't believe it has a name or a version number, but is dated 20130415.

Both of these ROMs are excellent and supported by very helpful developers. They were both very responsive to me when I appealed to them to implement a simple fix to correct an Android 4.2 change implemented by Google.

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The fix in this thread worked for me.

""Permissions need to be changed for /system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so.
They were rw-------, change them to rw-r--r--.
Once the change is made, reboot your phone.
This change can be made with a file explorer on your phone, provided it has root access and you can mount the /system read-writeable. Alternatively, you can use the ADB shell and chmod 644 libbt-vendor.so to do it too. Remember to mount /system read-writeable though!""

[Q] Jelly Bean 4.2.2 killed my BlueTooth Help Pg 2 | Galaxy Nexus > XDA

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The fix in this thread worked for me.

""Permissions need to be changed for /system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so.
They were rw-------, change them to rw-r--r--.
Once the change is made, reboot your phone.
This change can be made with a file explorer on your phone, provided it has root access and you can mount the /system read-writeable. Alternatively, you can use the ADB shell and chmod 644 libbt-vendor.so to do it too. Remember to mount /system read-writeable though!""

[Q] Jelly Bean 4.2.2 killed my BlueTooth Help Pg 2 | Galaxy Nexus > XDA

I am not entirely sure what you mean but I will try it and post back if I have questions. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36