Please help! Every reboot causing "Android Is Upgrading" through 100+ apps

kdsmith10000

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I searched the forum and only found 1 thread on the subject with no specific answer. But every time I reboot my Verizon GNex it goes through the whole android is upgrading cycle. Here's the background of my issue:
1. Finally rooted last week after official OTA for 4.2.2.
2. Used paid version of multi-tool from XDA to root.
3. Downloaded TWRP recovery.
4. FORGOT TO BACKUP STOCK AFTER ROOT
5. Flashed JBsourcery and MMuzzy ROMs with Franko, Lean and Glados kernel but I didn't like the feel of the device and wanted to go back stock rooted but since dummy me forgot I had to use the multi-tool to refresh stock and re-root.
6. After reflashing etc my Google Now search manual and voice keep closing.
7. I found the latest Google GAPPS dated 3/1/13 and flashed via TWRP by wiping cache and then davlik then flashing then wiping again right before boot as it's an option in TWRP.
8. After experiencing the issue I tried a reinstall 2x without first wiping cache and davlik then installing and then wiping after install. Then by wiping cache and davlik and installing without doing a post flash wipe but still I'm not having any luck.

I know this post is long and a little fast and furious but my wife is about to kill me if I don't hurry up and get my phone fixed as she says I'm spending too much time researching and messing with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Have the factory image (ROM) ready. Using the multi tool, revert back to stock. Yes, you'll loose everything, including root. Once you've done this, unlock the bootloader and root. Make your backup/nandroid. Using the options in your recovery, wipe/factory reset. Wipe Cache. Wipe Dalvik. (yes, slightly overkill, but saves headaches later).

Install your ROM, Kernel, and Gapps (in that order). Reboot to recovery, and again wipe cache and dalvik. Make a 2nd nandroid. reboot normally. Install your apps of choice, and make a 3rd nandroid.

Yep it takes some time. If I don't rush myself and make sure I've done the backups I don't have problems. As soon as I rush and skip a backup, its almost guarunteed that I'll have problems with it either bootlooping or just getting stuck and not fully booting. Keep in mind a boot after installing a different kernel or ROM can take 10 minutes to fully boot, so make sure you give it time.

Also, whoever made your ROM may have slightly different instructions which you should follow to the letter.

Good luck, hopefully you get everything taken care of