Rooting and battery life

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Rooting, in and of itself, has no effect on battery life. All rooting does is give you access to certain system files and folders that are off limits otherwise.

But rooting lets you do things that you can't do otherwise. You can delete certain apps that might be running and using battery. You can install custom ROMs that give you more control or various settings that can improve battery life. And you can install custom kernels that let you do things like underclock and undervolt the CPU when the phone is idle, or even when in used, which can save battery.

Note that messing with ROMs and kernels is potentially dangerous. If you don't know what you're doing, or you flash (install) the wrong ROM or wrong kernel, you can permanently brick your phone, turning it into a very expensive door stop. If you're not comfortable with this level of risk, buy an extra battery and don't worry about battery life

Elhefe19d

May 3, 2013
Visit site
When I rooted and installed a custom rom I got one that had nothing baked into it and my battery life increased by about, 6 hours but that was with basically stock ics running

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2