Anyone else running 4.3?

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the same ROM. I got it the first night and there were some issues, but the one I got the next day is pretty solid. No complaints here at all, I really like this update.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the same ROM past few days. Speed has been great but my data has been dropping to 3g and not going back to 4g until I switch to CDMA and back to LTE in mobile network settings. Happens a couple times a day. I flashed new bootloader but didn't flash radios.

And boots take forever or I have to wipe cache and dalvik to get it to boot.

dobri002

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Ive been running 4.3 for the past few days using JDX's AOSP+ ROM. Runs perfect. Super fast and smooth. Has given new life to our aging GN. Partly the best part is TRIM, preventing any of the Terrible slowing down our phones constantly experienced after awhile.

Posted via Android Central App

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Ive been running 4.3 for the past few days using JDX's AOSP+ ROM. Runs perfect. Super fast and smooth. Has given new life to our aging GN. Partly the best part is TRIM, preventing any of the Terrible slowing down our phones constantly experienced after awhile.

I agree with the TRIM support. This will be huge for our internal storage data. I have the 32GB model, and can tell you speed has already been improved. I used to get massive slow downs using an app called Xiia Live (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.android.DroidLivePlayer&token=7mMFLxG9) to stream the Shoutcast radio stream I've been running for about 10+ years now (Home - AvRack Radio). After running that app post 4.3 it hasn't shown one sign of slow down. It'll run that app all day long and not get hot, or require a reboot like it would many times running that APP 4.22 and before.

I am running the latest version of Shiny OTA (rooted) and am loving it. What would you say the difference is in the ROM you're running and Shinny if any? Also would you mind posting a link to the one you used for that ROM.

Thanks

-cm-

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 4.3 using PA 3.96 and the latest Golden Kernel. So much better than 4.2.2

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Colvin99

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
After waiting patiently for 4.1 and 4.2 I did not want to go through the hassle of watching all the other nexus devices getting the update, so I finally flashed my first custom rom. It's been awesome, and combined with root (why not?) and Google wallet I can't believe that I spent 18 months unrooted and waiting for Verizon to come through :)

Scott13M

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Been running PA3.99 for a couple days now and am happy with the little extras like halo, pie controls, and hybrid properties. Unfortunately there has been a huge disadvantage for me using data. watched my battery drain 15% in about 3 minutes using either chrome browser or standard. tried tweaking things around with voltage control til FC or reboot became the issue. not sure if the radios are a problem (FK01 / FK02) and need to be updated or if it's just me and this specific install. Really liked what PAC-man ROM is doing for others, but that one was completely unstable on my device and i don't think there is a whole lot of attention being paid to toro builds these days.

Hope to find more threads like this one to avoid additional wasted time. sifting through the pages can be tiresome. That being said, if anyone else wants to give those a try:
PAC-man: PAC-man Rom
ParanoidAndroid (PA): [4.3/JSS15J+JWR66Y] AOSPA PARANOIDANDROID 3.99 (23.Aug) | HALO 2.0 (Video inside), Freeze-free 4.3 - xda-developers

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Been running PA3.99 for a couple days now and am happy with the little extras like halo, pie controls, and hybrid properties. Unfortunately there has been a huge disadvantage for me using data. watched my battery drain 15% in about 3 minutes using either chrome browser or standard. tried tweaking things around with voltage control til FC or reboot became the issue. not sure if the radios are a problem (FK01 / FK02) and need to be updated or if it's just me and this specific install. Really liked what PAC-man ROM is doing for others, but that one was completely unstable on my device and i don't think there is a whole lot of attention being paid to toro builds these days.

Hope to find more threads like this one to avoid additional wasted time. sifting through the pages can be tiresome. That being said, if anyone else wants to give those a try:
PAC-man: PAC-man Rom
ParanoidAndroid (PA): [4.3/JSS15J+JWR66Y] AOSPA PARANOIDANDROID 3.99 (23.Aug) | HALO 2.0 (Video inside), Freeze-free 4.3 - xda-developers

The battery issues seem to be related to 4.3 itself. As nexus user's with the stock update seem to have been experiencing the same problems. That's why I have been avoiding upgrading to 3.99 from 3.69. Even though I have an extended battery, I still don't want the battery drain.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on mmuzzy's 4.2.2 French vanilla ROM. Works great. But I've been looking at 4.3 ROMs over at XDA and RootsWiki. Since my phone is working well, I'll wait until they settle in more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Colvin99

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I know different phones seem to act differently, but mine is running smoother with the 4.3 rom from rootzwiki than I've had it yet! Battery life imo is the best I've had it as well.

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I know different phones seem to act differently, but mine is running smoother with the 4.3 rom from rootzwiki than I've had it yet! Battery life imo is the best I've had it as well.

Same. My phone is like a new phone with 4.3 Shiny OTA. I don't know if its the TRIM cleaning helping the speed of the onboard storage, or what. I just know i'm glad to be using the latest and greatest on a phone that still works fine with everything I throw at it. It may not have 8 cores, and 10 GPUs, but it plays every game, and runs every app I've tossed on it perfectly. Yeah load times are a little slower than my Nexus 10 tablet, but the tech hardware is also two years older. That being said it isn't much slower.

-cm-

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Crazy. I was just replying and my phone rebooted! I guess it is trying to tell me it wants 4.3. Anyway, thanks for the reports.

Colvin99

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely no issues for my phone (sorry, I know that doesn't help). I think my phone really likes the rootzwiki shiny rom...

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The 3g and 4g handoff seems fine on the 9/4 nightly. The only issue is having to sign in to Amazon appstore every time you open it. That's supposed to be fixed in 9/8, but I'm good for now on this one.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
well i decided instead of getting a new phone right now id give 4.3 roms a shot. have shiny stock 4.3. ok so far. my stock launcher crashed a bunch of times but it seems to be stabilizing. Ill see how the next few days go.