Any bets on what Verizon phone developers will migrate to?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably going to flash 4.3 in a few days and know that the GNex will probably still find a way to get Key Lime Pie when it is released, but eventually the GNex will be unable to run newer versions of Android due to hardware limitations.

Assuming Verizon won't be getting another Nexus for awhile, where do you think the developers will go?

I'm sure some will gravitate toward the S4, Note 3, new Droids, Moto X and whatever new phone has yet to be released, but, does anyone think one manufacturer or device will grab more than others.

When the GNEX was released on Verizon, it was and still is, IMO, the most conducive phone available for developers and, as of now, it still seems there are quite a few that are still eager to support it, even though it is nearly 2 years old.

To those people, I say Thank you. Your efforts have contributed greatly to extending the longevity and enjoyment of this phone.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
As long as the GNex remains supported by AOSP it doesn't really matter what phone the Devs use, they'll still pump out a ROM for the phone.