gnex getting super slow!

sandrat45

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had my gnex since day one of its launch, liked the phone but like all others, it has its problems. Now it seams like its SUPER SLOW. i'm rooted and running the latest aokp with a lean kernal. any tips you guys can lend to help me out would be very much appreciated.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had my gnex since day one of its launch, liked the phone but like all others, it has its problems. Now it seams like its SUPER SLOW. i'm rooted and running the latest aokp with a lean kernal. any tips you guys can lend to help me out would be very much appreciated.

4.3 roms include something called TRIM that should help. Also an app in playstore that will enable you to Trim. It reminds me of defragging a disk drive in the effect it has. Worked fine on my Nexus 7.
Edit: I think the app is fstrim.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Try clearing cache in recovery.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

sandrat45

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i have cleared cache. I have wiped everything and tryed different roms and they always run slowly after 1 or 2 weeks. I have even tryed not using apps thinking i had a bad one and just never installed them and the same thing keeps happening.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Is your sdcard partition almost full? I have to periodically transfer all of my photo/video files to my PC to keep my gnex snappy.

Actually, every couple of months I relock, then unlock the bootloader to get rid of that "not so fresh feeling".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4