- 2 Posts
I515 on Net10/Straight Talk
Hey AndroidCentral. As this is my first post, I'd like to clarify, I do not have my phone yet. I ordered the I515 yesterday, from Amazon. So, on with my question!
Since Net10 and Straight Talk both have CDMA plans, does this mean I can use the UNLOCKED I515 on one of these? I mean, it's Verizon's phone, and VZW is CDMA. And, like I said, it's unlocked, so it's not like I have to get Verizon on it.
- 2 Posts
Re: I515 on Net10/Straight Talk
Figured it out. The answer is NO. Even though they both have CDMA plans, these can't have LTE. LTE requires a SIM to function. If you were to buy the CDMA activation, it wouldn't work, as it's an LTE phone. So, for all out there wanting this, unfortunately, you can't. You CAN however, use Verizon's prepaid plan for Smartphones. So, you have to take it to your local VZW store, and tell them "I would like to activate my GNex on the ALLSET plan!" And, you should have a prepaid GNex I515! So, yay me for answering my own question...
- By silvercrank999 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2014, 03:45 PM
- By yourphonemyphone in forum Rumored Devices LoungeReplies: 17Last Post: 03-15-2014, 11:12 AM
- By longtime44 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-09-2014, 07:14 AM
- By vrp13 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-08-2014, 07:17 PM
- By yumms101 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2014, 06:43 AM