Soft bricked Galaxy Nexus

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Meh. I screwed up. Also the superboot thing does not work properly. If anything, I will wait until it actually releases :(

Edit:

I can also relock the bootloader which would give me my warranty back.

Confucius say "If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand."

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Haha no. If anything, I would just wait until it releases, then buy a new one. Then return the one I have now

That's the comment I think that's getting people riled up.

If you bust the phone most people don't believe it's fair or right to make it the carrier's problem. That contributes to the increased cost of these devices and gives even further credence to the carrier's position that locking the devices is required for them to keep their support costs low.

I've have personally helped out many people with soft bricks because I don't want to see those devices go back to the carrier. I'd love to help you but you are in an unfortunate (or fortunate) position where very very few people were lucky enough to score the device early.

That being said, it's as soft brick as you pointed out, and should be fixable as soon as a recovery is available. I'm sure P3 has something, he probably hasn't released it yet because he didn't expect people to start bricking devices before the official release :)

I don't think you'll need to return the device if you are willing to wait and work through the fix and it sounds like you are.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Meh. I screwed up. Also the superboot thing does not work properly. If anything, I will wait until it actually releases :(

Edit:

I can also relock the bootloader which would give me my warranty back.

Your "edit" is like trying to peel the warranty void if seal is broken sticker off of a PS3 to MOD it and then trying to pass it off when we screw it up.

Personally I wouldn't trust anything from P3Droid...

Edit:

Once you void the warranty it's voided.

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone happen to have a way to flash the stock img in fastboot? I can't find the stock LTE variant anywhere.

I unlocked the bootloader through fastboot, then ran p3Droid's root method for the LTE galaxy nexus, and now the phone will just get stuck at the google logo.

Your username appears to be inaccurate. Might I recommend: "somewhat rash overlord"?

Clancy3434

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
that blows dude. exactly why i'm not doing a thing to this phone until recovery is released... well, or until the phone is released :(

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
that blows dude. exactly why i'm not doing a thing to this phone until recovery is released... well, or until the phone is released :(
Agreed. The only thing that was recommended to do upon receipt of phone was to unlock the bootloader. Period. Enjoy the damn phone FWIW for a while to see what it can actually do.

Reactions: Premium1

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Was the phone fine after you unlocked the bootloader, but then bricked when you tried to root it? I'm just trying to be sure which step caused the problem.

wary overlord

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I did wipes in CWM. Pretty much tried everything.

Also the phone was fine after the bootloader was unlocked. It was the rooting process that p3 posted that made it start acting up.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something here, so somebody help me out. If it's unlocked, and has a custom recovery on there, doesn't it also have a nandroid backup? If so, why wasn't a backup made before attempting to root, and would that have solved the current problem?

Brandon

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something here, so somebody help me out. If it's unlocked, and has a custom recovery on there, doesn't it also have a nandroid backup? If so, why wasn't a backup made before attempting to root, and would that have solved the current problem?

Brandon

the lte version does not have the stock image from google yet since the phone is not officially launched yet.

gnipeh

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you have already tried this, but I just put it out here:

Peter Alfonso did a stock fastboot image for *GSM* Galaxy Nexus. You might just give it a shot.

He promises to do the same once LTE one is out, so yeah, subscribe to his RSS feed :)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you have already tried this, but I just put it out here:

Peter Alfonso did a stock fastboot image for *GSM* Galaxy Nexus. You might just give it a shot.

He promises to do the same once LTE one is out, so yeah, subscribe to his RSS feed :)

No not try this, lots of differences....

wary overlord

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not going to try the GSM version. Hopefully the LTE one will come out when the phone actually lands.

Edit:

Going to school. Will post if I get anywhere with this later. Thanks!

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully Google does for the LTE like they did for GSM and release source code a day before release. That would be a good indicator the phone is releasing and should give you the files needed to get back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty