Default Re: Return to Stock: Factory Images for the VZW Galaxy Nexus

i posted a screen shot of the error on + o.o
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by spencer0279 View Post
    i posted a screen shot of the error on + o.o
    Did you circle me? Put it in here as well..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock :D

its right after it says everything is good to go. I hit flash and then it does this. Ive redone the drives twice through the auto thing :|
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by spencer0279 View Post

its right after it says everything is good to go. I hit flash and then it does this. Ive redone the drives twice through the auto thing :|
    Download the new version. Uninstall that one. Try it again. Maybe?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Dag, yo!

ROM
    AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco

Did you verify that file does exist in your Wug's folder?

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by AppleBonker View Post
    Did you verify that file does exist in your Wug's folder?
    what file ._. i picked i downloaded my own stock, used the stock from this thread. And it says everything is good to go and then when it says start it immediately says that.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM

and yeah its in the wugs folder. i just checked. the flashstock.bat is there :o, 2x post accident? .-.

going to work, discuss later hopefully lol
    Last edited by spencer0279; 08-18-2012 at 01:37 PM.

ROM
    AOKP

So, I've been having a really strange issue occurring that leads to me to think my Gnex is officially bricked, but let me know what you guys think. I've tried everything from Wug's toolkit, to the write up on this thread, to ODIN to get my Nexus back and running, but everything fails. What happened was I was running AOKP JB Build 1 and everything was working fine until I rebooted one day and all hell broke loose. First I thought I was stuck in a boot loop (there are a lot of threads about this related to JB), because I got stuck at the Google screen for 10 minutes. The screen went black after that, though, and never came back on. So I rebooted into bootloader, went to recovery, and I got hit with tons of errors, mainly in the form of "E: Can't mount/open cache/recovery/command or log/last log" and it was also throwing I/O errors at the bottom. Additionally, it told me it couldn't mount the SD card or any contents from it.

After all these errors, I tried using Wug's Toolkit, dmmarck's write up, and ODIN to unroot and relock. Everything worked successfully using each method, but the result is always the same - Google screen for 20-30 seconds, screen goes black, driver installation error, and it doesn't turn back on unless you reboot into the bootloader.

Additional info about device:

- Toro Gnex
    - Latest version of Clockworkmod with TWRP touch recovery
    - Hardware version 9
    - Primela03 bootloader
    - FC04 and FC05 radios

Any help whatsoever is appreciated.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

OP Updated with a video, using this very guide .
    2defmouze likes this.

What real difference is there from the:

Stock JRO03O we got today...

from say a really custom ROM like:

Bugless Beast - that has been running JRO03O

to like highly custom ROMS like:

Euroskank - that has JRO03O for a few weeks now...

Besides. the new FF02/FG02 radios that is...

any other reason ... why you guys did, what you did..? I guess for those of you who want the really stock JB experience that VZ wants you to have early...?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Droidintorrance View Post
    What real difference is there from the:

Stock JRO03O we got today...

from say a really custom ROM like:

Bugless Beast - that has been running JRO03O

to like highly custom ROMS like:

Euroskank - that has JRO03O for a few weeks now...

Besides. the new FF02/FG02 radios that is...

any other reason ... why you guys did, what you did..? I guess for those of you who want the really stock JB experience that VZ wants you to have early...?
    Exactly for the last bit...other than that, just flash the radios and you're good to go.
    Thanked by:

lost root flashing the update..... how do i get it back please help!!!!!!!
    Never have so few owed so much to so many
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by stephanb View Post
    lost root flashing the update..... how do i get it back please help!!!!!!!
    Check the update thread, you need to flash superuser.

Sent from my Nexus 7

ok guys, i do the last command, fastboot –w update image-mysid-imm76k.zip and i get a whole list of things, but nothing happens, even if i take the .zip out. can someone help, its the last step! not sure what to do, all the other commands worked fine, plz!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by thrgk View Post
    ok guys, i do the last command, fastboot w update image-mysid-imm76k.zip and i get a whole list of things, but nothing happens, even if i take the .zip out. can someone help, its the last step! not sure what to do, all the other commands worked fine, plz!
    Don't unpack the zip. Watch the video. Does it do what it does on the video? There's a list of stuff that it does--it starts off by saying something like boot img and recovery img aren't there/found then it starts listing stuff and installing it. Just be patient--it's probably working this whole time .

[GUIDE] Return to Stock: Factory Images for the VZW Galaxy Nexus-capture.png

no it is like this, not that list lol
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	82 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	37037

Hmm. Now that is odd.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

got it to do it, now its just boot looping
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

got it to do it, now its just boot looping
    Usually does that once or twice before going to the welcome screen. If you're bootlooping for 30 minutes, though, redo everything. And be absolutely sure to reboot the bootloader after each and every fastboot command!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	82 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	37037

that's the screen from the "help" command for fastboot hmm

Edit: Okay just checked my idea and... fastboot displays default help commands if you type in any command it doesn't understand

Try typing in "fastboot bunnyrabbit" for example A lot of DOS apps used to do this when entering commands they didn't recognize

Ah looks like adb does the same

Just so everyone knows "adb help" and "fastboot help" will give you lists of commands
    Thanked by:

My apologies in advance for my noob questions here. I have a rooted Nexus (acquired that way), running 4.0.4 IMM76K. Apparently I've tweaked things enough (deleted standard apps I didn't need, switched to Nova Launcher, maybe others) such that I'm not able to get the official OTA JB update now. So, I need to get back to stock before I can either flash the leaked JB0030 or get the OTA update from VZW. I have a couple of basic q's about the instructions on the first page. Near the beginning, it says:

For all machines, I highly highly recommend installing the Android SDK, found here. For Windows machines, I recommend using Wug's Toolkit, found right here (we also have a support thread for this).
    So for Windows, I need the Android SDK, and additionally Wug's Toolkit installed. Even though I'm not going to use the Wug's Toolkit application to do the return to stock (I'm going to use the instructions in the first post), I install the Toolkit because it installs various drivers and/or utilities I need. Is my understanding correct?

In the INFO box, the Third step says to "... hold down volume up, volume down, and the power button ..." and then at the end of that paragraph, it says to make sure the phone is connected to the computer. I assume I need to connect the phone before doing the "volume up+volume down+power", yes?

Thanks!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by lets_go_android View Post
    My apologies in advance for my noob questions here. I have a rooted Nexus (acquired that way), running 4.0.4 IMM76K. Apparently I've tweaked things enough (deleted standard apps I didn't need, switched to Nova Launcher, maybe others) such that I'm not able to get the official OTA JB update now. So, I need to get back to stock before I can either flash the leaked JB0030 or get the OTA update from VZW. I have a couple of basic q's about the instructions on the first page. Near the beginning, it says:

So for Windows, I need the Android SDK, and additionally Wug's Toolkit installed. Even though I'm not going to use the Wug's Toolkit application to do the return to stock (I'm going to use the instructions in the first post), I install the Toolkit because it installs various drivers and/or utilities I need. Is my understanding correct?

In the INFO box, the Third step says to "... hold down volume up, volume down, and the power button ..." and then at the end of that paragraph, it says to make sure the phone is connected to the computer. I assume I need to connect the phone before doing the "volume up+volume down+power", yes?

Thanks!
    I should actually clarify the language a bit.

First, I recommend getting the SDK because it's a very powerful tool. However, all you really, really need is

(1) To have the adb and fastboot drivers installed (can be done through Wug's Toolkit)
    (2) To have a fastboot.exe application/executable (which is found in the Wug's Toolkit folder)

Once you have those two things, fastboot is ready to rock.

Regarding whether or not the phone must be plugged in before or after going to fastboot mode/bootloader: doesn't really matter. Just make sure it's plugged in when you get ready to issue/type in the commands.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: [GUIDE] Return to Stock: Factory Images for the VZW Galaxy Nexus

Great! Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by lets_go_android View Post
    Great! Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!
    No problemo

Hm. How long should the first fastboot command take to complete? Here's what I did:

1. vol up+vol down+power, I get the screen which says "Start" at the top, has the android robot on its back and his front panel open, and some tiny words at the bottom. The first red words look like "FASTBOOT MODE".
    2. I ran "fastboot.exe flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primla03.img" and it said "sending 'bootloader' (2308 KB)..." and it stayed like that, no other output or changes to either my Windows command window or my phone, for about 45 minutes. Is supposed to take that long and I just need to be patient or is something wrong?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast