Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Default Re: [GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexu

You are correct in your steps and I unlocked/rooted on 4.0.2, I went in a bootloop because I pulled the battery instead of using the power button in the last step to turn the device on.
    Thanked by:

ok heres how you go to recovery and wipe. go to recovery screen but dont have your phone charging or anything for some reason it freezes it up. so when you are in recovery let it load up and you will see the android guy laying on his back, when you see that hold down the power button and the volume up button you should see blue lettering up top on the screen. go down to factory wipe then wipe cache and reboot it should be all set. it worked for me
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I'm guessing I was plugged in maybe that was my issue either way it's fixed.

I don't know if this is what's causing some people trouble, but the GN drivers listing in the OP are older and not the right ones to use. You can find the latest driver here:

Samsung

Until I downloaded and installed this, I had an error on my device in Device Manager.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Here is how I fixed my loop - I just locked the bootloader up and then followed the guide again and without pulling the battery this time it worked. Miami let me know if your still having issues.
    how did you lock it?,, i managed to run commands using fastboot.exe... i wiped data and cache now stuck on flash lets see.. couldnt load the image dont know why

EDIT: phone started good after stuck in splash... If anyone wants to know how to wipe from fastboot let me know ill post a little guide
    Last edited by Upstreammiami; 12-16-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    how did you lock it?,, i managed to run commands using fastboot.exe... i wiped data and cache now stuck on flash lets see.. couldnt load the image dont know why
    cd C:/
    cd root
    fastboot-windows oem lock

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

phone is back up after stuck on splash ... i guess i learned today how to run cmds on fastboot
    I'm the ROOT man
    mclarryjr likes this.

Man this is frustrating. Every time I get the phone booted up in Bootloader mode, I loose my driver. If I'm watching device manager, it all looks good when my phone is running normal with no errors, then when I reboot into bootloader mode, my samsung device goes away and is replaced by a new "Other devices" device with Android 1.0 underneath and a yellow exclamation point. Why is going into bootlaoder wiping out my driver?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Follow the directions in the 7th post on page one and that should fix your divers.
    Thanked by:
    NewAge likes this.

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Man this is frustrating. Every time I get the phone booted up in Bootloader mode, I loose my driver. If I'm watching device manager, it all looks good when my phone is running normal with no errors, then when I reboot into bootloader mode, my samsung device goes away and is replaced by a new "Other devices" device with Android 1.0 underneath and a yellow exclamation point. Why is going into bootlaoder wiping out my driver?
    It is very frustrating. This got me stuck and many others. There are several solution on previous pages that looks like going into control panel, device manager, and updating that driver. You have to do it manually and find like hardware. Find the SAMSUNG device and select it. There should be some adb options, select one.

Just take a break and come back to it. You'll find it!

Edit: Mclarry beat me
    Phone: LG G2, Nexus 4
    Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013), Xoom
    Retired: Blackberry Storm and 2, Droid X and X2, Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    phone is back up after stuck on splash ... i guess i learned today how to run cmds on fastboot
    What commands did you use? What's your setup, PC Mac? Did you reflash stock images?

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by NewAge View Post
    What commands did you use? What's your setup, PC Mac? Did you reflash stock images?
    PC when ur in bootloader then is what i did ...

1.Open cmd

2.cd C:/

3.cd root

4.Fastboot-windows -w

thats it,

if you want before step 4 just type fastboot-windows then enter it will show you all the commands you can run. every command has to be typed after you write fastboot-windows
    I'm the ROOT man
    NewAge likes this.

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

If the above doesn't work due to not having stock images Droid-Life posted how to return to stock instructions: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/16...factory-state/

1. Download the Android 4.0.2 factory images to your PC. [Download] 2. Unzip the file and its contents into your SDK/Tools folder (wherever your adb.exe and fastboot.exe files are).

*Make sure they are not in their own folder, but have all been extracted to Tools.

3. From within your Tools folder, open a command prompt (SHIFT + right click – “open command prompt here”): 4. Type the following commands, allowing each to finish before moving onto the next:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primekk15.img
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.ek02.img
    fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ek05.img
    fastboot -w update image-mysid-icl53f.zip
    fastboot oem lock

5. Reboot your phone by highlighting “Start” and pressing the lock switch. 6. It really is as simple as that. Your phone is now back to a 100% stock, unrooted and locked state.

Does Odin ever get used on this phone?

I'm getting so angry...

Now whenever I try to get into bootloader (holding down both the volume button and the power button), the green android comes up, but under him is a message that says, "Downloading...Do not turn off target!! and the tiny red text is at the top instead of at the bottom (above the tiny white text, where I think it should be). If I proceed to press the power button from there, the phone just boots up normal.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

I'm getting so angry...

Now whenever I try to get into bootloader (holding down both the volume button and the power button), the green android comes up, but under him is a message that says, "Downloading...Do not turn off target!! and the tiny red text is at the top instead of at the bottom (above the tiny white text, where I think it should be). If I proceed to press the power button from there, the phone just boots up normal.
    dont press the power button lol
    I'm the ROOT man
    Thanked by:
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BringTheRain403 View Post
    download the drivers, then click on the start menu, then right click on my computer, then click on manage from the drop down list, then in the window that pops up on the left hand side click on device manager. look for something that has a yellow "!" by it and right click on it and go to properties. then in 1 of those tabs (I believe it's the first 1) click on update driver. then click browse my computer for driver software. then click "browse" and find the folder where is the drivers are located and click next. you'll probably get a message saying that windows cannot determine the source the driver you sure that you want to install it and you'll want to click yes. directions just be following prompts. that's what works for me hope this helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Thanks... will update the guide tonight regarding the drivers... That seems to be the major problem for everyone across all of the android forums... including myself. Took me almost an hour to get the right drivers working.

I'm getting so angry...

Sounds like you are holding the Vol Down + Power you need Vol Up + Vol Down + Power to get in.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kichard View Post
    Mine was sitting at the google screen for a serious 15 minutes. I pulled the battery, booted up just fine and super user is working correctly. Installed Rom Manager and flashed Clockwork. Idk why you guys are getting boot loops. Maybe I got lucky?? Idk 15 minutes should be more than enough time to load the system images back up. To fix the soft boot wouldn't you just go to the stock recovery and delete data/factory reset?? I mean that's what I would do...
    I had a similar experience. I unlocked the bootloader yesterday (using a PC), then just rooted using a Mac. Yes I know, I'm probably making things more difficult than they need to be. I was impatient at work yesterday so I used my work computer to unlock, then used my home mac today to root. Anyway...

I had the same situation as kichard in that I was stuck on the google screen for over 10 minutes. So I tried pulling the battery, and then the phone booted fine, got a message saying android was updating, then I got two messages requesting super user authority. I approved them and everything seems to be working.

Why do I have the feeling this is going to make me more dangerous?

Ok guys can someone verify that I'm doing things right I am about to unlock the boot loader but I have one question I just got done setting up adb and open I cmd window to test if it see my device and it did so does this mean I don't have to install the drivers and USB or should I still dl

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by dc iz 2 legit View Post
    Ok guys can someone verify that I'm doing things right I am about to unlock the boot loader but I have one question I just got done setting up adb and open I cmd window to test if it see my device and it did so does this mean I don't have to install the drivers and USB or should I still dl

you should do them just in case . dont worry it wont hurt adb
    I'm the ROOT man

Ok this may b a dumb question but what is fast boot I see it in the tools folder and hear a lot about it

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by dc iz 2 legit View Post
    Ok this may b a dumb question but what is fast boot I see it in the tools folder and hear a lot about it

Fastboot is protocol used to update the flash filesystem in Android devices from a host over USB. It allows flashing of unsigned partition images
    I'm the ROOT man

So this is in case I pull the battery and soft brick? By the way thanx for your help! I'm used to htc phones and alway just had a program just do everything

Edit I'm just downloading the new drivers than superboot and than to start the process hoping without issues do u have any tips befor I start

OK, this:

Originally Posted by BringTheRain403 View Post
    download the drivers, then click on the start menu, then right click on my computer, then click on manage from the drop down list, then in the window that pops up on the left hand side click on device manager. look for something that has a yellow "!" by it and right click on it and go to properties. then in 1 of those tabs (I believe it's the first 1) click on update driver. then click browse my computer for driver software. then click "browse" and find the folder where is the drivers are located and click next. you'll probably get a message saying that windows cannot determine the source the driver you sure that you want to install it and you'll want to click yes. directions just be following prompts. that's what works for me hope this helps.

Got me through this, although I think one of the options that actually made it work was to select anoption to view installed drivers.

Thanks for the help.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Thanked by 2:
    NewAge likes this.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast