Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  
    Upstreammiami's Avatar

    Posts
    2,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Johnson View Post
    I don't see why I would need to be rooted to swap the factory bootloader for CWM through Odin unless root access is at a lower level than the bootloader. I don't believe it is.
    first you need to unlock why you think its not working lol this isnt is not a Galaxy S. this is a Galaxy nexus
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  2. #52  
    Hugh Johnson's Avatar

    Posts
    83 Posts
    ROM
    Aphrodite

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    first you need to unlock why you think its not working lol this isnt is not a Galaxy S. this is a Galaxy nexus
    Yeah, you just lost me at this point. The phone is neither a Galaxy S or Galaxy Nexus.

    You're basically saying I would need Administrator rights on a PC to update the BIOS.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  
    Upstreammiami's Avatar

    Posts
    2,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Johnson View Post
    Yeah, you just lost me at this point. The phone is neither a Galaxy S or Galaxy Nexus.

    You're basically saying I would need Administrator rights on a PC to update the BIOS.
    what phone do you have ?
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  4. #54  
    Hugh Johnson's Avatar

    Posts
    83 Posts
    ROM
    Aphrodite

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    what phone do you have ?
    (GT-I5500)

    Cheap little phone that comes unlocked - therefore not often seen in the US. Not hugely popular but there is a stable CM7 port available.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    I get an error stating that I do not have all kernels available to run the wifi tether.

    My device is rooted and I am running wifi_tether_v3_1-pre110.apk which is the most current build.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  6. #56  
    swany1970's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Thanks for your help! After having driver issues on my own. I finally decided to ask for help.

    Your are a great asset to the community!
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    this guy is off the charts mad-good. for him its easy -- tho time consuming. I would *never* have survived it. hes a really good guy and technically just a wizard. just a wizard
    Thanked by:
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Hi there. Are you still helping us tech noobs with rooting? My Gnex would love to get some more features and performance.
  9. #59  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I can help you out if you want. Pharmerandy2010 at Gmail.com
  10. #60  
    Xanth269's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Build5

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    I can help you out if you want. Pharmerandy2010 at Gmail.com
    so how does this work, set up a time and do a remote connection? I would love to learn how to root but afraid I'll screw up the phone and brick it.

    Thanks,
    Xanth
  11. #61  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanth269 View Post
    so how does this work, set up a time and do a remote connection? I would love to learn how to root but afraid I'll screw up the phone and brick it.

    Thanks,
    Xanth
    Yup. Via logmein. I'll show you commands. I'm fluent with windows/Linux/Mac so os version doesn't matter
  12. #62  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,379 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Good to see you back and offering the service. I give his service a 5star rating. I used it proudly back in the thunderbolt days. Thanks Miami!

    Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  13. #63  

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Thanks guys, but I tried it myself and I succeeded! Its not so hard as long as you read the directions a few times over.
    davey11 and zero neck like this.
  14. #64  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,379 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ketchupfreak View Post
    Thanks guys, but I tried it myself and I succeeded! Its not so hard as long as you read the directions a few times over.
    Very true but its always nice to have the Miami support. Its kinda like the Miami vice of android. :thumbup:

    Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
    zero neck likes this.
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    I have a gnexus and never rooted a phone or owned 1. What are the advantages to doing this for a simple user like me? I really want to get the most out of my new phone.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Quote Originally Posted by JRabon View Post
    I have a gnexus and never rooted a phone or owned 1. What are the advantages to doing this for a simple user like me? I really want to get the most out of my new phone.
    1.) Custom Roms...although you don't really have to worry about a bloated ROM with the GNEX. Verizon does have some bloatware but it can be removed through root access

    2.) Radio...GNEX is infamous for having a bad (weak) radio, with root access you can flash a better one!

    3.)Wireless Tether...Some devices you need root, and with others you don't. GNEX is one that you don't so if all you want is tether it doesn't really pay to root.

    4.) APPS...there are some great root apps out there to backup your data; Titanium Backup is one of the better ones.
    "aliter ictus diversis folks"
    Thanked by:
  17. #67  
    JerseyJet's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    I canít believe Iím reading this. After weeks of shopping Iíve finally purchased a Samsung Skyrocket, which I pick up Monday. After reading many of the forums here, rooting is something thatís intrigued me but also scared me. Iím a numbers guy not a tech guy. My area in NJ does not yet have LTE, so having on/off capability would be nice. I also like the idea of turning the phone into a wifi hotspot. Iím also sure there are many other advantages Iím not aware of yet, but eve Rome wasnít built in a day. I would like to root the phone after the initial 30 day return period so you will definitely be hearing from me on June 1st. Thank you in advance, I canít wait to talk to you.
  18. #68  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Quote Originally Posted by bdurb456 View Post
    I canít believe Iím reading this. After weeks of shopping Iíve finally purchased a Samsung Skyrocket, which I pick up Monday. After reading many of the forums here, rooting is something thatís intrigued me but also scared me. Iím a numbers guy not a tech guy. My area in NJ does not yet have LTE, so having on/off capability would be nice. I also like the idea of turning the phone into a wifi hotspot. Iím also sure there are many other advantages Iím not aware of yet, but eve Rome wasnít built in a day. I would like to root the phone after the initial 30 day return period so you will definitely be hearing from me on June 1st. Thank you in advance, I canít wait to talk to you.
    Wrong forum. Check out the Skyrocket forums for help. The process will be different than a nexus device.
  19. #69  
    JerseyJet's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Sorry. I knew it was to good to be true.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  
    Upstreammiami's Avatar

    Posts
    2,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Quote Originally Posted by bdurb456 View Post
    Sorry. I knew it was to good to be true.
    its all good i do almost any phone hit me up i rather do samsung then htc and there lock bootloader
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    zero neck likes this.
  21. #71  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    its all good i do almost any phone hit me up i rather do samsung then htc and there lock bootloader
    Dude... htcdev.com
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  
    Upstreammiami's Avatar

    Posts
    2,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Dude... htcdev.com
    I know man but it's too many steps and I'm remoting there PC some of them have some slow dial up internet

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    While I applaud this guys help and support it, i just want to tell you guys that are afraid to brick your GN, the GN is a simple phone to root. I had zero experience rooting and flashing and just by following the pinned threads at forums like this I did it no problem. Half the fun of unlocking and rooting is doing it yourself!
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Offering Root Service!

    Can You Root Motorola Xprt on gingerbread 2.3.5? if possible maybe I will give you a shot
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

B