09-10-2012 10:14 AM
74 123
tools
    I don't see why I would need to be rooted to swap the factory bootloader for CWM through Odin unless root access is at a lower level than the bootloader. I don't believe it is.
    first you need to unlock why you think its not working lol this isnt is not a Galaxy S. this is a Galaxy nexus
    12-21-2011 03:26 PM
    first you need to unlock why you think its not working lol this isnt is not a Galaxy S. this is a Galaxy nexus
    Yeah, you just lost me at this point. The phone is neither a Galaxy S or Galaxy Nexus.

You're basically saying I would need Administrator rights on a PC to update the BIOS.
    12-21-2011 04:02 PM
    Yeah, you just lost me at this point. The phone is neither a Galaxy S or Galaxy Nexus.

You're basically saying I would need Administrator rights on a PC to update the BIOS.
    what phone do you have ?
    12-21-2011 04:24 PM
    what phone do you have ?
    Samsung Galaxy 5 (GT-I5500)

Cheap little phone that comes unlocked - therefore not often seen in the US. Not hugely popular but there is a stable CM7 port available.
    12-21-2011 04:38 PM
    I get an error stating that I do not have all kernels available to run the wifi tether.

My device is rooted and I am running wifi_tether_v3_1-pre110.apk which is the most current build.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    12-23-2011 12:28 PM
    Thanks for your help! After having driver issues on my own. I finally decided to ask for help.

Your are a great asset to the community!
    01-03-2012 09:00 PM
    this guy is off the charts mad-good. for him its easy -- tho time consuming. I would *never* have survived it. hes a really good guy and technically just a wizard. just a wizard
    Upstreammiami likes this.
    02-26-2012 01:04 PM
    Hi there. Are you still helping us tech noobs with rooting? My Gnex would love to get some more features and performance.
    04-12-2012 12:30 PM
    I can help you out if you want. Pharmerandy2010 at Gmail.com
    04-12-2012 09:31 PM
    I can help you out if you want. Pharmerandy2010 at Gmail.com
    so how does this work, set up a time and do a remote connection? I would love to learn how to root but afraid I'll screw up the phone and brick it.

Thanks,
    Xanth
    04-13-2012 06:27 AM
    so how does this work, set up a time and do a remote connection? I would love to learn how to root but afraid I'll screw up the phone and brick it.

Thanks,
    Xanth
    Yup. Via logmein. I'll show you commands. I'm fluent with windows/Linux/Mac so os version doesn't matter
    04-13-2012 06:51 AM
    Good to see you back and offering the service. I give his service a 5star rating. I used it proudly back in the thunderbolt days. Thanks Miami!

Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2
    04-13-2012 04:30 PM
    Thanks guys, but I tried it myself and I succeeded! Its not so hard as long as you read the directions a few times over.
    davey11 and zero neck like this.
    04-13-2012 04:44 PM
    Thanks guys, but I tried it myself and I succeeded! Its not so hard as long as you read the directions a few times over.
    Very true but its always nice to have the Miami support. Its kinda like the Miami vice of android. :thumbup:

Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2
    zero neck likes this.
    04-14-2012 07:11 PM
    I have a gnexus and never rooted a phone or owned 1. What are the advantages to doing this for a simple user like me? I really want to get the most out of my new phone.
    04-19-2012 12:49 AM
    I have a gnexus and never rooted a phone or owned 1. What are the advantages to doing this for a simple user like me? I really want to get the most out of my new phone.
    1.) Custom Roms...although you don't really have to worry about a bloated ROM with the GNEX. Verizon does have some bloatware but it can be removed through root access

2.) Radio...GNEX is infamous for having a bad (weak) radio, with root access you can flash a better one!

3.)Wireless Tether...Some devices you need root, and with others you don't. GNEX is one that you don't so if all you want is tether it doesn't really pay to root.

4.) APPS...there are some great root apps out there to backup your data; Titanium Backup is one of the better ones.
    zero neck likes this.
    04-19-2012 02:13 PM
    I cant believe Im reading this. After weeks of shopping Ive finally purchased a Samsung Skyrocket, which I pick up Monday. After reading many of the forums here, rooting is something thats intrigued me but also scared me. Im a numbers guy not a tech guy. My area in NJ does not yet have LTE, so having on/off capability would be nice. I also like the idea of turning the phone into a wifi hotspot. Im also sure there are many other advantages Im not aware of yet, but eve Rome wasnt built in a day. I would like to root the phone after the initial 30 day return period so you will definitely be hearing from me on June 1st. Thank you in advance, I cant wait to talk to you.
    04-20-2012 09:07 AM
    I cant believe Im reading this. After weeks of shopping Ive finally purchased a Samsung Skyrocket, which I pick up Monday. After reading many of the forums here, rooting is something thats intrigued me but also scared me. Im a numbers guy not a tech guy. My area in NJ does not yet have LTE, so having on/off capability would be nice. I also like the idea of turning the phone into a wifi hotspot. Im also sure there are many other advantages Im not aware of yet, but eve Rome wasnt built in a day. I would like to root the phone after the initial 30 day return period so you will definitely be hearing from me on June 1st. Thank you in advance, I cant wait to talk to you.
    Wrong forum. Check out the Skyrocket forums for help. The process will be different than a nexus device.
    04-20-2012 01:00 PM
    Sorry. I knew it was to good to be true.
    04-23-2012 08:27 AM
    Sorry. I knew it was to good to be true.
    its all good i do almost any phone hit me up i rather do samsung then htc and there lock bootloader
    zero neck likes this.
    04-30-2012 05:47 PM
    its all good i do almost any phone hit me up i rather do samsung then htc and there lock bootloader
    Dude... htcdev.com
    04-30-2012 09:04 PM
    Dude... htcdev.com
    I know man but it's too many steps and I'm remoting there PC some of them have some slow dial up internet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-01-2012 06:43 AM
    While I applaud this guys help and support it, i just want to tell you guys that are afraid to brick your GN, the GN is a simple phone to root. I had zero experience rooting and flashing and just by following the pinned threads at forums like this I did it no problem. Half the fun of unlocking and rooting is doing it yourself!
    05-01-2012 07:15 AM
    Can You Root Motorola Xprt on gingerbread 2.3.5? if possible maybe I will give you a shot
    09-10-2012 10:14 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD