ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: Google Wallet now on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Just made 10 bucks

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

Quote Originally Posted by bmoore09 View Post
    Hey guys...I installed Google Wallet fine and got my $10 card as the default.

At my work in the cafeteria they accept mobile paypass. I unlocked my screen, put it next to the sensor and NOTHING happened!
    Do you have to hold it there for a period of time? Because I had a line behind me I didnt wanna sit there too long and fiddle with it, so I just left. I only had it up to the paypass sensor for maybe 2 seconds.

One thing that may be weird...each time I open Google Wallet it says "Initializing device". Does this mean it's not ready for it before I open the program? It says in the HELP guide that Wallet doesn't need to be opened for it to work.

Any ideas? Maybe I didnt hold it up there long enough? And each time you open up Wallet does it say Initializing device?

Thanks!
    if you change your battery, you should probably run google wallet once because the NFC is based on your battery. hold the phone to the paypass terminal, your Gnex will ask you for your passcode, then you touch the paypass terminal again. transaction done.

I bought groceries w/ it today :-)
    DaPoets
    ~ Galaxy Nexus LTE Codename Android ROM 1.6 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Motorola Xoom LTE Codename Android ROM 1.5.5 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Droid Charge as 24/7 4G Unlimited Tether Bot on Stock
    G1000 -> PPC6600 -> PPC6700 -> OG Droid -> Galaxy S Fascinate -> Pure Bliss

ROM
    TSM Pool Party 1.6 / ICS

Sweet deal! Got my $10, but did find I had to download the apk directly with my phone in order to install it correctly. First, I downloaded it with my computer and transferred the file, but it is a zip file that wanted to be installed via CWM. I am rooted, but am not ready to flash CWM yet as i still would like to recieve the OTA updates for a bit (don't see any reason to flash any other ROMs with this awesome phone). I finally downloaded with the phone and clicked on the file after it finished. Installed perfectly. Thanks.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

Just paid for a gallon of milk at 7-Eleven. Had to manually open the app which was disappointing. Will try again soon.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

Tried again soon. This time (at McDonalds) app fired up automatically. I entered the PIN and transaction went through.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Maybe I did something wrong, but I was able to download the .apk file and install GW on my Nexus. I was able to use it at the store. Once I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone, it would not let me reinstall/use GW. I got some error message (can't remember what). Doing some research, it seems like you can only do it once. I've read about this problem on other forums. Hopefully someone will come up with a fix.

Just a little warning

Mine has reinstalled 3 times now fine. Been playing with roms.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

My error message was "Secure Element not responding. The Secure Element has stopped responding. Please contact Google Wallet support"

Installed GW over the holiday but was out of the country and didn't get to test it. But I got bored in the back of the cab on the way back from the airport, so I fired it up, claimed my $10, loaded up the prepaid card with a little extra, then used my phone to pay the fare.

It'll be nice when there's direct access to a broader variety of credit cards. Having to go through the prepaid card, make sure it's loaded up with sufficient funds, and still always have that couple of dollars left unused ... kinda defeats the whole convenience factor.

So for now it's actually less convenient than simply tapping my RFID Amex card (which is my go-to card anyway) on the terminal, albeit far cooler. GW should come into its own when I can select which card to pay from, so I don't have to carry all those extra pieces of plastic around -- when it actually becomes a "wallet" rather than a flashy Google Prepaid Card, which it is at the moment.

@overfloater. Well said. All in time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12