Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Wallet now on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus

mclarryjr likes this.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Wallet now on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Installed this today, and just made my first purchase with my phone! Overall, pretty cool Would be easier if I had a Citi Mastercard. I used the prepaid card to go grocery shopping. I had $110 on there, and ended up spending $130. So, I had to throw in $20 more dollars to the card after ringing up the food. After I scanned it though, Google Wallet force closed on me, but the payment still went through. Overall, really cool.

The best part, is if you create a new Pre-Paid card through the app, Google gives you a $10 credit, right off the bat. Free $10, so can't go wrong there.

so where can we get it from? the market?

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Thanked by:

dcusick...

I am unlocked and rooted. So I am covered there.

Question... do you flash just the app onto your phone if you have the stock ROM? or do you need to flash a whole new ROM before flashing the gwallet ROM?

Thanks

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    dcusick...

I am unlocked and rooted. So I am covered there.

Question... do you flash just the app onto your phone if you have the stock ROM? or do you need to flash a whole new ROM before flashing the gwallet ROM?

Thanks
    I flashed it in Clockwork over my stock rom. Followed the instructions about changing up the XML. Then I rebooted. A few of my apps started force closing on me. Which I heard happens after installing Google Wallet.. But I just uninstalled the problematic app and re-installed it, and all was fine. Only affected 3 or 4 of my apps. Had TI Backups of them anyway, so didn't lose anything.

I would advise you to take a nandroid backup before flashing, just in case.. Can't hurt, right?

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

nice but looking for an easier way to install this on here...

So who is going to take their Nexus with Google Wallet into a Verizon store and buy something with it?
    clarker07 likes this.

GW was one of the things I was really looking forward to on this phone and is a big dissapointment that it has been left off. Im not ready to root this bad boy yet. I would like to wait a couple of weeks and test drive it stock. Really wish they would put out an official app for this phone!!!

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

running Google Wallet on stock rom. No problems yet! Thanks for the link
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

i was excited about google wallet until i realized i cant add my debit cards. I dont have citi bank, and im not gonna constantly refill my google one. Although its cool that they give you 10 bucks just for adding the google card.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

I thought you could use any MasterCard!!! Boy was I wrong!!!

I guess I will wait for more card support or ISIS!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

apk has been released for google wallet; no rooting or flashing needed. just install like any other 3rd party app!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1365360
    Last edited by terpitude71; 12-17-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: fixed link
    tjs83 likes this.

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

I got Google Wallet working for me. Was excited to try it. Thought the $10 credit was pretty cool too.

I like the prepaid way. Easy to add funds from any source. I added an additional $20 + $10 free.

The first time I used it, it gave me an error, - force close.
    Then the cashier said no wait, and the sale went through!

So it works, just not perfect yet in being hacked.
    Haven't got to try it again yet.
    There is a location of places where you can use it in the website.

http://www.google.com/wallet/where-it-works.html

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ROM
    Rooted Stock

Anybody else have issues with "verifying your account with Money Network" when trying to set up the prepaid card? I've gotten the email from google but nothing saying $10 gift card added.

Edit -
    Force closed and uninstalled, then reinstalled and setup again and now it works.
    Last edited by rossrainey; 12-18-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Newb question.. So all one would have to do is download the apk from their phone and open it with Astro manager? thanks
    Last edited by lakedubvt; 12-18-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lakedubvt View Post
    Newb question.. So all one would have to do is download the apk from their phone and open it with Astro manager? thanks
    You don't even need Astro just when the file is downloaded click on it on the notification bar and it will install. And if you need to find the file again just go to downloads in the app list and it will be there.

ROM
    CyanogenMOD 7.1 RC

Tried this on my GSM Galaxy Nexus (though, I'm a yakjuxw build on 4.0.1) and after loading it, I get a message "Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device/carrier.", then it closes.

Got it, they need to make it so you can add any card you want!

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Honeycomb 3.0 - ICS 4.0

Worked for me! Now just have to try making a purchase!

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Honeycomb 3.0 - ICS 4.0

Just paid for Mickey D's with my phone. Awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hey guys...I installed Google Wallet fine and got my $10 card as the default.

At my work in the cafeteria they accept mobile paypass. I unlocked my screen, put it next to the sensor and NOTHING happened!
    Do you have to hold it there for a period of time? Because I had a line behind me I didnt wanna sit there too long and fiddle with it, so I just left. I only had it up to the paypass sensor for maybe 2 seconds.

One thing that may be weird...each time I open Google Wallet it says "Initializing device". Does this mean it's not ready for it before I open the program? It says in the HELP guide that Wallet doesn't need to be opened for it to work.

Any ideas? Maybe I didnt hold it up there long enough? And each time you open up Wallet does it say Initializing device?

Thanks!

I used it at McDonalds today too. You place the back of the phone on the paypass with the screen on (no need to open app) The app should open on its own once it reads the paypass (takes 1 or 2 seconds). Then it will ask for your pin. Enter pin then place phone back on paypass to finish checkout. The look on the cashier's face today was priceless haha

Just used it for the first time at Duane Reade. If the cashier spoke Engrish and had an IQ above an olive pit I just know she would've been as impressed as I was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to personally thank Google for my free lunch today. I opened GW ahead of time so all i had to do was place the phone on the paypass reader and within a second it transfered and I heard the receipt printing. Pretty cool...

I was disappointed though cause the cashier didn't seem impressed....I think others have been coming in before me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast