Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree47Likes

Default Re: [Guide] How To Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Galaxy Nexus

Okay I understand that but when you do a clean install people suggest a factory wipe. Doesn't that wipe everything completely?
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by StarfishP View Post
    Okay I understand that but when you do a clean install people suggest a factory wipe. Doesn't that wipe everything completely?
    No. A factory wipe only wipes a couple partitions. None of those have the sdcard folder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Ahh thank you very much you helped clear things up!

Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by StarfishP View Post
    Ahh thank you very much you helped clear things up!

You're welcome. I highly recommend reading my Don't Panic guide too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

So, how do I find your Don't Panic guide? Sounds like a good read

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by djgdroid View Post
    So, how do I find your Don't Panic guide? Sounds like a good read
    Its stickied.. and in his signature
    Thanked by 2:
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Its stickied.. and in his signature
    This

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Install ROMs/Kernels/Themes/Mods with ROM Manager

Do I need to wipe the cache partition and Dalvik cache if I am just flashing different radios?

Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by garyk66 View Post
    Do I need to wipe the cache partition and Dalvik cache if I am just flashing different radios?
    No need when flashing radios.

Sent from my SGSIII

Default Re: [Guide] How To Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Galaxy N

Do I root before installing backup app?? I am confused. please help. My phone broke, I have the replacement on my desk, but need a full backup before starting with the new phone!! Have windows computer. How do I do the rooting?

I'm pretty new at this so if this has already been answered I apologize. I'm currently using CM10 which is the first ROM I've used. I'd like to try some others but I don't want to lose my app data again like when I unlocked. I installed my backup pro and it tells me my busybox is on 1.19.4 and1.20.2 is needed. I've tried a few busybox installers from the market but they are all at 1.19.x. Does anyone know how/where I can get an updated version?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    GNex (Toro) running AOKP

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by jms67 View Post
    I'm pretty new at this so if this has already been answered I apologize. I'm currently using CM10 which is the first ROM I've used. I'd like to try some others but I don't want to lose my app data again like when I unlocked. I installed my backup pro and it tells me my busybox is on 1.19.4 and1.20.2 is needed. I've tried a few busybox installers from the market but they are all at 1.19.x. Does anyone know how/where I can get an updated version?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I suggest Titanium Backup. It includes its own busybox, and there's a link in my signature to my guide on how to use it properly

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    jms67 

It's my first time trying to root and flash a drive. I rooted the phone using WugFresh's Toolkit and tried flashing MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2.1 - JOP40C on my Verizon Nexus. I realize now that this is probably the wrong build and I think I might have messed something up. When I try to boot the phone, it's been stuck on the rainbow X forever. I'm stuck, please help me get the phone started and the right ROM flashed. I just want me some 4.2!

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by rossnovak123 View Post
    It's my first time trying to root and flash a drive. I rooted the phone using WugFresh's Toolkit and tried flashing MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2.1 - JOP40C on my Verizon Nexus. I realize now that this is probably the wrong build and I think I might have messed something up. When I try to boot the phone, it's been stuck on the rainbow X forever. I'm stuck, please help me get the phone started and the right ROM flashed. I just want me some 4.2!

Thanks all!
    Ok, I flashed back to stock. Looking for a good ROM for 4.2 for JRO03O build?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    INDEX OF THIS THREAD
    Post #1: Backing Up & Restoring ROMs/Nandroid >> You're Here <<
    Post #2: Installing/Flashing ROMs, Kernels, Themes & MODs >> Click Here <<
    Post #3: List of ROMs/Kernels/Themes/Mods >> Click Here <<

In order to use ROM Manager, you must be rooted.
    Ok, I'm rooted and I'm trying to flash a different (4.0.4) stock ROM. I downloaded it from . Now, I can't see it from either CWM or in recovery mode. What am I doing wrong? And please do talk down to me, I'm just teaching myself how to do this; I need someone to explain it as non-technical as possible.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Just wondering why do you want to back to ICS?

CWM is your recovery if you have flashed that during the rooting process or though ROM Manager.

When your in recovery you want to select install and then you wil have to navigate to the folder it went in once you downloaded the ROM which is most likely the Download folder, so it should be in /sdcard/Download.

You can download a file manager app from the market such as ES File Explorer to check before booting into recovery to make sure its exact location.

I am trying to backup to flash CM 10.1. However,

1) the toolkit on XDA, while it preferred TWRP for recovery, can't do a TWRP backup.
    2) the Wug toolkit isn't up to 4.2.x yet so can't use that
    3) when going into TWRP manually there are a ton of options under backup that I have no idea what they are. Which things should be checked? Options are system, cache, data, boot, recovery and EFS. System, boot, and data are preselected.

Note: I did a MyBackup backup of apps and data but would like to do this one too, to be safe.

Thx.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Last edited by gnr_2; 06-05-2013 at 03:01 PM.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    I am trying to backup to flash CM 10.1. However,

1) the toolkit on XDA, while it preferred TWRP for recovery, can't do a TWRP backup.
    2) the Wug toolkit isn't up to 4.2.x yet so can't use that
    3) when going into TWRP manually there are a ton of options under backup that I have no idea what they are. Which things should be checked? Options are system, cache, data, boot, recovery and EFS. System, boot, and data are preselected.

Note: I did a MyBackup backup of apps and data but would like to do this one too, to be safe.

Thx.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    System and Boot are MANDATORY, the rest are optional...just go with the default preselected options and you'll be fine.
    Thanked by:
    gnr_2 
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678