[Guide] How To Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Galaxy Nexus

garyk66

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Install ROMs/Kernels/Themes/Mods with ROM Manager

Do I need to wipe the cache partition and Dalvik cache if I am just flashing different radios?

amorosa101

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Guide] How To Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Galaxy N

Do I root before installing backup app?? I am confused. please help. My phone broke, I have the replacement on my desk, but need a full backup before starting with the new phone!! Have windows computer. How do I do the rooting?

jms67

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty new at this so if this has already been answered I apologize. I'm currently using CM10 which is the first ROM I've used. I'd like to try some others but I don't want to lose my app data again like when I unlocked. I installed my backup pro and it tells me my busybox is on 1.19.4 and1.20.2 is needed. I've tried a few busybox installers from the market but they are all at 1.19.x. Does anyone know how/where I can get an updated version?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty new at this so if this has already been answered I apologize. I'm currently using CM10 which is the first ROM I've used. I'd like to try some others but I don't want to lose my app data again like when I unlocked. I installed my backup pro and it tells me my busybox is on 1.19.4 and1.20.2 is needed. I've tried a few busybox installers from the market but they are all at 1.19.x. Does anyone know how/where I can get an updated version?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I suggest Titanium Backup. It includes its own busybox, and there's a link in my signature to my guide on how to use it properly :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rossnovak123

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
It's my first time trying to root and flash a drive. I rooted the phone using WugFresh's Toolkit and tried flashing MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2.1 - JOP40C on my Verizon Nexus. I realize now that this is probably the wrong build and I think I might have messed something up. When I try to boot the phone, it's been stuck on the rainbow X forever. I'm stuck, please help me get the phone started and the right ROM flashed. I just want me some 4.2!

Thanks all!

rossnovak123

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
It's my first time trying to root and flash a drive. I rooted the phone using WugFresh's Toolkit and tried flashing MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2.1 - JOP40C on my Verizon Nexus. I realize now that this is probably the wrong build and I think I might have messed something up. When I try to boot the phone, it's been stuck on the rainbow X forever. I'm stuck, please help me get the phone started and the right ROM flashed. I just want me some 4.2!

Thanks all!

Ok, I flashed back to stock. Looking for a good ROM for 4.2 for JRO03O build?

xchikax

May 19, 2013
Visit site
INDEX OF THIS THREAD
Post #1: Backing Up & Restoring ROM's/Nandroid >> You're Here <<
Post #2: Installing/Flashing ROMs, Kernels, Themes & MODs >> Click Here <<
Post #3: List of ROMs/Kernels/Themes/Mods >> Click Here <<

Ok, I'm rooted and I'm trying to flash a different (4.0.4) stock ROM. I downloaded it from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images. Now, I can't see it from either CWM or in recovery mode. What am I doing wrong? And please do talk down to me, I'm just teaching myself how to do this; I need someone to explain it as non-technical as possible.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering why do you want to back to ICS?

CWM is your recovery if you have flashed that during the rooting process or though ROM Manager.

When your in recovery you want to select install and then you wil have to navigate to the folder it went in once you downloaded the ROM which is most likely the Download folder, so it should be in /sdcard/Download.

You can download a file manager app from the market such as ES File Explorer to check before booting into recovery to make sure its exact location.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to backup to flash CM 10.1. However,

1) the toolkit on XDA, while it preferred TWRP for recovery, can't do a TWRP backup.
2) the Wug toolkit isn't up to 4.2.x yet so can't use that
3) when going into TWRP manually there are a ton of options under backup that I have no idea what they are. Which things should be checked? Options are system, cache, data, boot, recovery and EFS. System, boot, and data are preselected.

Note: I did a MyBackup backup of apps and data but would like to do this one too, to be safe.

Thx.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to backup to flash CM 10.1. However,

1) the toolkit on XDA, while it preferred TWRP for recovery, can't do a TWRP backup.
2) the Wug toolkit isn't up to 4.2.x yet so can't use that
3) when going into TWRP manually there are a ton of options under backup that I have no idea what they are. Which things should be checked? Options are system, cache, data, boot, recovery and EFS. System, boot, and data are preselected.

Note: I did a MyBackup backup of apps and data but would like to do this one too, to be safe.

Thx.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

System and Boot are MANDATORY, the rest are optional...just go with the default preselected options and you'll be fine.

Jandroux

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is it possible to make changes to my stock rom (delete unwanted apps, ringtones, wallpapers, etc) and setup the phone the way I want it. Once done and happy, make a complete nandroid backup to a zip file to be installed as a new rom or flash via odin instead of doing a restore. So when I do a factory reset, it should come up as before.

So basically I'm want to make a backup as my own "custom rom"

Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci