erratic wake screen won't stay on after root?

jtdiddy

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone:

So i successfully unlocked the bootloader and rooted pretty easily. However, i'm having a weird issue of when i push the power button to wake my phone, the screen turns on then turns off real fast and wont stay on but the phone is for sure working and on. Then weirdly sometimes it turns on after a minute or so after i push the power/wake button.

i've done several battery pulls and even re-installed superboot v3 (originally it was v2) but problem still occurs.

anyone come across this issue or have any advice on how to resolve this? No fun not being able to wake your phone up when you need it.

albertsm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had this exact same problem while I was testing Light Flow but I'm not %100 sure that was the cause. It took me several battery pulls and attempts to get past my lock screen. I then uninstalled Light Flow and the problem went away. Not sure if it was a fluke or some odd thing with Light Flow.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually had this happen and had a feeling it was related to Light Flow. I'm not positive if this was the thing, but under General Settings I unchecked s6e8aa0 control (the very last setting) and I haven't had the problem since.

Reactions: Bendroid55

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I had the exact same issue and got it to go away. I assumed it had to do with something that had SU permissions so I rebooted and went into SU and took away Lightflow's permission (i had it running before I rooted so I dont think it needs it anyway). Rebooted again and I haven't had the problem since. Hope this helps.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually had this happen and had a feeling it was related to Light Flow. I'm not positive if this was the thing, but under General Settings I unchecked s6e8aa0 control (the very last setting) and I haven't had the problem since.

Thanks, this seems to have fixed the issue for me.

anon(622377)

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same issue and got it to go away. I assumed it had to do with something that had SU permissions so I rebooted and went into SU and took away Lightflow's permission (i had it running before I rooted so I dont think it needs it anyway). Rebooted again and I haven't had the problem since. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, I started panicking because I just rooted my phone. Denying Light Flows seems to have fixed this issue. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995